• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

T1AM decreases thyroid production without effect on HPT

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
It's well known that generic brands of thyroxine do not have the same bioavailability as brand names.

The fact that eight small pills work better for you is however more puzzling. I wonder if having more filler for the same amount of drug creates more of a delayed release.

drob31

It's well known that generic brands of thyroxine do not have the same bioavailability as brand names.

The fact that eight small pills work better for you is however more puzzling. I wonder if having more filler for the same amount of drug creates more of a delayed release.

It's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I haven't tried 50 mcg levoxyl yet though.

Gondwanaland

I wonder if having more filler for the same amount of drug creates more of a delayed release.
Due to stomach pain I now have 2 different formulations with same dose of T4+T3: one with MCC and one wit starch. The one with MCC has a more delayed release, and despite the stomach pain from MCC, gives me a more sustained energy.

MAF14

Yes, I immediately felt more mental energy and greater clarity. But also have some side effects from serotonin, which seem to be subsiding now as the receptors adjust.

I suspect that whatever viral infection is causing my thyroid problems also affects my parathyroid glands since they are so close together. I think that's probably what's causing my muscle spasms.

Probably have mentioned it before but how do you know you have a viral infection?

MAF14

So I seem to do much better with t4 at night before bed, and not in the morning.

I feel better on thyrodin 12.5 mg tabs as opposed to 100 mcg tabs or thyroxin 50 mcg or 100 mcg.

so 8 12.5 mg pills feels the best when taken at night. Splitting up the dose does not seem to work as well, as I had a bad result from taking it in the morning.

T4 at night and T3 in the morning is gaining popularity. Study floating around I cant find but apparently very beneficial.

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
Probably have mentioned it before but how do you know you have a viral infection?
I don't know for sure but it's just an educated guess. I had localized thyroiditis twice described as "lytic lesion" on the thyroid ultrasound. My thyroid antibodies are low and why would antibodies only target one specific area. The antibodies were responsible for what's called diffuse heterogeneous texture but there was an area that looked like an acute infection. And also extremely high IgM EBV titers during my big crash. IgM antibodies are associated with an acute activation of infection.

MAF14

You need to give me a study that shows there is a fluoride in there beyond negligible amount that one would find in many other places too. And even if that were true - which I highly doubt - given that I'm on a full replacement dose of thyroid, fluoride is of little concern to me at this point.

I could feel increase in T3 within the first hour of taking Prozac. It certainly was not related to antidepressant effect which takes weeks to manifest.

When you mention your T3 increasing after taking Prozac, was that Free T3 or Total T3?

Just putting it out there, prior to starting Prozac I would find myself randomly crying on my drive to work. The following morning after taking 20mg at night, I was totally fine. Could have been placebo but I usually dont "feel" anything from supplements or hormones.

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
When you mention your T3 increasing after taking Prozac, was that Free T3 or Total T3?

Just putting it out there, prior to starting Prozac I would find myself randomly crying on my drive to work. The following morning after taking 20mg at night, I was totally fine. Could have been placebo but I usually dont "feel" anything from supplements or hormones.
I didn't really measure it back then but the effect was similar to taking T3. My guess is that it would be free T3 since its the active form.

I doubt it was a placebo effect. Prozac activates deiodinase in CNS so should increase T3 in the brain (but might not be measurable in the blood).

It's also 5HT2C (serotonin) antagonist which raises dopamine and norepinephrine. I still can't take it though because I can't tolerate high serotonin levels (I have serotonin receptor supersensitivity). But if it works for you without side effects that's great.