• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AI used in drug repositioning, open source?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
After reading the recent post by @nryanh94 on AI and drugs, I looked for anything remotely resembling an open source project. Surprisingly, there kind of is one.

http://apps.chiragjpgroup.org/repoDB/

repoDB contains a standard set of drug repositioning successes and failures that can be used to fairly and reproducibly benchmark computational repositioning methods. repoDB data was extracted from DrugCentral and ClinicalTrials.gov.

The repoDB website has several functionalities, which can be accessed from the navigation bar:

• Drug-centric searching
  • Disease-centric searching
  • Full repoDB download

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Not exactly useful for CFS/ME at this point, but it's a start in the right direction of free efforts. Btw, fibromyalgia is on their list of indications, and mastocytosis.

This free db is apparently meant to be used by others to test the repositioning predictions made by their proprietary AI software.

Maybe one day there will be an open source software package to use Natural Language Processing that can be adapted to look through forum posts and derive a db from that.