• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

URGENT: SKY TV WANT YOUR VIDEOS TO HIGHLIGHT AWARENESS OF ME BY JUNE 1st

Countrygirl

ME Association
22 hrs ·

What's up TV on Sky One want to feature M.E. in a campaign for greater awareness and are asking for 20-second videos from people with the disease.

If you feel you can help, then please read our blog for more information, and then send your videos to the email address provided - and not to the ME Association on this occasion.

Please note the deadline for video submissions is Friday, 1st June. Sorry it is so tight but we were only told late this morning.

Thank you!
1f642.png
:)

#MECFS #MEAwareness #SkyOne #WhatsUpTV #MECampaign#MEMedical

PracticingAcceptance

“As part of this it would be fantastic to feature the voices of people who live with the condition – this would entail people sending in short videos (no more than 20 seconds) of individuals speaking about the condition and their life to camera.

“This could be how having M.E. has changed their life, the medical treatment and support available to them or the level of awareness they believe M.E. currently has. The videos will be cut together and used as part of the item.

I don't know what to say... there's a million things to say and there's only 20 seconds.

Runner5

I think I can say the f word for 20 seconds ... j/k

I have trouble explaining to doctors for 20 minutes what the word fatigue entails. They assume I just want an afternoon nap after a heavy lunch.