• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Janet Dafoe in hospital

Hajnalka

Best wishes for your recovery @Janet Dafoe (Rose49)!

il_fullxfull.733418632_losv.jpg

Countrygirl

CFS ME people get cancer??? I am hearing it for the first time. I wish for her speedy recovery.

Janet is Whitney's mum and on the board of PR and is the wife of Dr Ron Davies. She hasn't got ME.

However, research has suggested that we get heart disease and cancer 25-30 years earlier than the rest of the population. Also lymphoma appears to be significantly more common in ME, especially if I recall correctly, the rarer forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

iwillwin1day

Janet is Whitney's mum and on the board of PR and is the wife of Dr Ron Davies. She hasn't got ME.

However, research has suggested that we get heart disease and cancer 25-30 years earlier than the rest of the population. Also lymphoma appears to be significantly more common in ME, especially if I recall correctly, the rarer forms.
Thanks for informing. I was just watching her video yesterday But I don't knew her name. I wish her to get well soon...

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
The hospital was fine. Good food. Nice roommate. No interruptions from 12-5:30 am. My ice cream message was from there but I came home yesterday afternoon. I now am a pillow manager! Getting them right makes all the difference. And I'm sort of breath so doing breathing exercises that make me cough. Ouch! Thank you for all your kindness.

Countrygirl

Glad to hear you are home, Janet! I would make you a bowl of my homemade soup...........very nutritious........lots of veggies and lentils ........very tasty............. but there is a slight problem ...............you are a bit away from me.......... :)

Gingergrrl

Glad to hear you are home, Janet! I would make you a bowl of my homemade soup...........very nutritious........lots of veggies and lentils ........very tasty............. but there is a slight problem ...............you are a bit away from me.......... :)

Likewise and I am glad you are home from the hospital now @Janet Dafoe (Rose49). And your soup sounds delicious @Countrygirl!