• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM results - treatment plan - please HELP! ...and Lyme - true or not?

MartinK

Hello to everyone!
I was in Brussels visit KDM two weeks ago, now I received the results!

He talk about my horror scenario - Chronic Lyme is still active and all symptoms are from this and gut problems. I have been treating myself for a long time with Lyme and I was hope, my situation now is only post-Lyme syndrome... but KDM says that activity of Lyme is clear.
So crushing for me...

I was on:

Minocycline, Azithromycine, Rifampicin and Plaquenil for a 1,5 year - with small progress

Ceftriaxon - 14 days, without change

Clarithomycine, Amoxiciclin and Mertonidazol pulses for 1 year - without progress, but decrease, more flu like symptoms and inflammation after this

KDM told me - your option is Horowitz "persister" protocol for 6 weeks. Your treatments was not good for your form of Lyme.
This protocol is something new for me - I have no clear info about it and about complications with this, but my reality is - Im really afraid of more and more atbx in this time...

Please, is here anyone, who have some info or experiences with PERSISTER PROTOCOL ?
Anemia and Mito damage...this is my worries. :-/

Next things in my treatment plan are:

Normix 200mg 3x1 for 15 days / next 15 days Bio Kult - and repeat this for 2 months
Hydroxycobalamin 10 mg 2x week
Mesalazine 500mg 3x2/day
Altrient C 1g day
Toxaprevent
Gammanorm 165mg/ml 1x week
4ME
low diet lactose/fructose

Please, anyone with some protocol here? Anyone with 4ME experiences - it's already very expensive for me, hope for Gammanorm pay my insurance.

From KDM words I understand this - Mesalazine will be good for reduce inflammation from my LPS, Normix and Biokult help my gut and Gammanorm help with inflammation and immune system.
But it's still a mystery for me, if Lyme is really active... somewhere I see threads about false results from Armin Labs... Im so confused from my Lyme...:-/

Armin say:

Borrelia b. full antigen 3
Borrelia b. OSP mix 4
Borrelia b. LFA-1 0

here is scan of this results: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swxgc7vttxbv0yr/IMG_2664.JPG?dl=0

and another scan with seroBorrel and ZonP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j3wqyhfeajpvkt/IMG_2665.JPG?dl=0

Im thinking about try COWDEN and HBOT with gut and immune treatment from KDM - this plan for start, for seeing reactions, differencies...

It does not seem to risky, and I really believe HBOT for some improve!

But, please help from more experienced people what thinks about it all

ALL MY RESULTS HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rp8b93jp8g5sv0w/AAAUm3jF8NLonNaSnrrHl-fba?dl=0

thanks a lot!!!
best regards and brighter days for all!

Martin

mattie

I hear you MartinK!
Really sorry that you are in that position.
Been there, done that.

Arminlabs gives out way too many false postives!

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...tary-undercover-in-german-lyme-clinics.55493/

So your test results do not prove you have an active lyme infection.

KDM will prescribe you a ton of antibiotics for as long you keep coming back.

It made me a lot worse. So I quit KDM treatment. That is not an advice to do the same.

I cannot accept that he fully relies on lab results that have proven to be unreliable.

The boatload of antibiotics can and will cause mitochondrial and intestinal damage.Both not good for ME. So you really want to be sure on that lyme diagnosis. Unfortunately that is not possible because no reliable test exists for lyme.

Last edited:

Learner1

This is a presentation Horowitz gave 5 months ago. The part about persisters is in the second half of the presentation.

My doctor takes Howowitz seriously and said he'd try the dapsone protocol on me if needed for chlamydia pneumoniae.

Again, ozone has been helping patients with Lyme and other infections, so it may be an alternative to abx that's easier on the gut and mitochondria.

I am not an expert on Lyme tssts so can't help you there.

Daffodil

@MartinK 1.5 years is not usually enough to treat Lyme if you have been sick a long time. The persister protocol is IV antibiotics for 6 weeks. I just had this a while ago but it did not help me.

I don't know what to say....people might tell you not to listen to KDM but his treatment for the last 5 years saved me from death so I usually do what he says.

There are new treatments just around the horizon so hang in there.

shannah

There is absolutely no way I would be able to listen to this.
Could someone give a brief recap of what this 'Persister Protocol' is?
I was going to see Horowitz years and years ago but he wasn't having any more success than anyone else.
Has that changed?

perrier

Please try ozone Martin. It is not harmful at all. HBOT is also not harmful. Really worth a try. The best results we found was from the Hocatt machine. This includes more than ozone. But finding a doctor who has it is difficult.
Not one such machine in Canada, and few in the USA. But there are many ozone doctors in the usa who can help using other means of administering ozone.

MartinK

I hear you MartinK!
Been there, done that.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...tary-undercover-in-german-lyme-clinics.55493/

So your test results do NOT prove you have an active lyme infection.

It made me a lot worse. So I quit KDM treatment. That is not an advice to do the same.

I cannot accept that he fully relies on lab results that have proven to be unreliable.

The boatload of antibiotics can and will cause mitochondrial and intestinal damage.Both not good for ME. So you really want to be sure on that lyme diagnosis. Unfortunately that is not possible because no reliable test exists for lyme.

Hey mattie, this is the problem, why Im really confused with Lyme treatment - gut treatment is really good I think, but things about mito damage and more problems is the fact, why Im really afraid of many atbx...

I believe KDM, but with Lyme is need to be careful - this is, why I thinking about start with gut and add HBOT and Cowden for Lyme...

MartinK

Please try ozone Martin. It is not harmful at all. HBOT is also not harmful. Really worth a try. The best results we found was from the Hocatt machine. This includes more than ozone. But finding a doctor who has it is difficult.
Not one such machine in Canada, and few in the USA. But there are many ozone doctors in the usa who can help using other means of administering ozone.

thanks for info! I was on Ozone (thanks @Learner1 for first info about this) , but it was classic IV ozone, no 10 pass. But, I feel some progress on it - but no for long time. Maybe I will take HBOT support from my insurance company - and this can be amazing for the treatment!
Hope for better tomorrow...
for all!!

Martin

Daffodil

I think the persister protocol didn't help because my problem is no longer Lyme....now, it is severe leaky gut which probably cannot be helped with current treatments available. So, I will have to wait.

MartinK

Today Himmunitas send me a message: Proffesor agree with Cowden and HBOT
I'll try it this way...and see...
Persister protocol, if that did not work!
But I hope for good changes, when my gut will be fixed... maybe LPS make my inflammation...and inflammation makes part of my illness.

And today another good news - Gammanorm will be on my insurance...this help a lot!

Im still thinking about 4ME from protocol...because, we have in Czech Rupublic our pig liver extract - Imunor
http://www.sukl.cz/modules/medication/detail.php?code=0087299&tab=info

Thinktank

I hear you MartinK!
Been there, done that.

So your test results do not prove you have an active lyme infection.

I completely agree with you.

MartinK

I completely agree with you.

Fact is, more labs results find me active Lyme - some here, in Czech Republic...Armin labs, BCA clinic...
But, yes, Im really carefull with ATB, Im on Cowden and waiting for HBOT....will se!
Im 14 days on Cowden and there was 2 reactions...it looks, something is happen

Learner1

I know several people who have done 10 pass ozone, including my daughter, with chronic Lyme. It seems to be the most effective treatment. Nothing gets rid of it completely, but a few sessions intensely, with a booster ever 3 months, seems to be very helpful.

MartinK

anyone try 10 pass ozone?

I try 10 pass this summer, but not work for me :-/ I was at dr. Lahodny clinic in Austra. 200 EUR one session with 20 passes.
I do not why, but HBOT work for me better... hope for some next HBOTs this winter!