• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

should i pay $90,000 for stem cells?

Learner1

Yes, it did, along with artesunate, curcumin, melatonin, and mushrooms. And a low carb organic diet and liver and gall bladder support.

Basically, the vitamin C converts into H2O2, and the extra oxygen "rusts" the cancer. Very high level. There are numerous studies on it and the other substances mentioned above.

My conventional oncologist is pleasantly surprised... He thought I had a high probability of recurrence, but thinks I am out of the woods.

Now to cure my CFS....:rolleyes:

Learner1

you are correct about the genesis of various treatments BUT the difference is, we have a practitioner here claiming a *massive* success rate , the news of which would have already spread like wildfire through the community and the practitioner / Doctor/whatever if responsible would have taken the results to various CFS related organisations and researchers in the field to hurry up and save millions of people from misery but instead, he is making a big claim with no back up and asking for 90 thousand dollars
So, caveat emptor. Do your homework and make your own decisions.

However, I've found many alternative treatments that have good track records, but have never been in a formal study for a variety of reasons (not patentable...) I'm familiar and have successfully had some of the other treatments offered by Infusio elsewhere, so he's choosing some things that are good. Don't know about his execution, though, but my doctor is careful at researching and implementing new ideas.

I'm still worried about stem cells... They can cause osteosarcoma, among other things... Waiting to collect more info on the pros and cons.

SB_1108

Regardless of the outcome, I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully I can report some positive changes. If not, that is ok too. I just want to help someone else with ME/CFS make an informed decision about whether stem cells might help us. My goal in this entire process is to help our community and my contribution is being a guinea pig. ❤️

As promised I am providing an update on my stem cell procedure...
It's been almost four months since I received the stem cells and I have not noticed any improvements other than not needing my thyroid medication anymore. I was told to wait at least six months, if not nine months to determine if the procedure was successful. So I'll try to update again in another three or four months. :heart::heart:

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
It's been almost four months since I received the stem cells and I have not noticed any improvements other than not needing my thyroid medication anymore. I was told to wait at least six months, if not nine months to determine if the procedure was successful. So I'll try to update again in another three or four months. :heart::heart:
Thanks for the update. Please do continue to keep us apprised.

perrier

I'd really like to hear how you are doing. Several doctors have told me that it can take a bit of time to see results. One CFS doctor told me recently he is using these,but only after improving the person somewhat.
Best wishes.

Learner1

This website has interesting critiques of hope stem cell treatment (so-called) is being promoted.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/page/1/?s=stem cell treatments&category_name&submit=Search#038;category_name&submit=Search

Edit: Thanks SB for the update. Sorry you have not had any improvement.
Unfortunately, the so-called "Science Based Medicine" site is not a reputable source of good scientific information on several treatment modalities. I've been offered, done my own due diligence to find credible research on, and benefited from several types of treatments that are bashed on that website.

It's almost become a situation where they bash something and I consider it to be a ringing endorsement...;)

It would be wise to look elsewhere for the pros and cons of stem cells.

I've researched one of the conditions I have and HSCT is a potential treatment from conventional doctors. Its risky but It is an option. We each have to do our own research and make our own decisions.

@SB_1108 Thanks for the update and hope things start looking up for you.

IreneF

Unfortunately, the so-called "Science Based Medicine" site is not a reputable source of good scientific information on several treatment modalities. I've been offered, done my own due diligence to find credible research on, and benefited from several types of treatments that are bashed on that website.

It's almost become a situation where they bash something and I consider it to be a ringing endorsement...;)

It would be wise to look elsewhere for the pros and cons of stem cells.

I've researched one of the conditions I have and HSCT is a potential treatment from conventional doctors. Its risky but It is an option. We each have to do our own research and make our own decisions.

@SB_1108 Thanks for the update and hope things start looking up for you.
You may disagree with their conclusions, but SBM doesn’t pull this stuff out of their hats.

Learner1

You may disagree with their conclusions, but SBM doesn’t pull this stuff out of their hats.
I find SBM to be populated by arrogant, narrow minded highly educated people who think they know better than anyone else and who spend their free time selectively pulling bad information to bash treatments they don't like and which I've found excellent research elsewhere on and have gone on to try and benefit from. If I'd let these people with their own mean agenda dissuade me, I would have missed out on the benefits.

It pays to look for a variety of good scientific sources of information, research, descriptions of the treatment, opinions, and first hand experiences and make up one's own mind, especially when there are risks and a lot of money involved.

Santino

Not sure where exactly you were talking about but if there is anything that might help in autoimmune disease and potentially ME, then this is mesenchymal stem cells and potentially other umbilical cord blood derived ones but the latter may be dangerous since they are different DNA.

However, mesenchymal stem cells are very promising. The problem is that they are very expensive, you don't know if you can trust the clinic who sell them and there are no clinical trials for ME and my condition. However, if we can trust the research that is already published about mesenchymal stem cells (which is a lot), then these are very promising. Don't waste you money on the stem cells that is offered by infusio. They take your own Bodie's stem cells. Not only do these stem cells have much less capacities than umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells but they come from your own super sick body. If you think about that twice you know why you end up with a placebo effect or a mild non lasting energy boost at best. I really do not understand how these clinics such as infusion can ask 25K from chronic ill patients for a treatment that has not yet been proven to be better than placebo PLUS there is not research that indicates it is nearly as promising as e.g. mensenchymal stem cells. The reason they did not use them are because it is restricted, point.

SunMoonsStars

Yes, it did, along with artesunate, curcumin, melatonin, and mushrooms. And a low carb organic diet and liver and gall bladder support.

Basically, the vitamin C converts into H2O2, and the extra oxygen "rusts" the cancer. Very high level. There are numerous studies on it and the other substances mentioned above.

My conventional oncologist is pleasantly surprised... He thought I had a high probability of recurrence, but thinks I am out of the woods.

Now to cure my CFS....:rolleyes:
Hi I was curious what your experience was with artesunate ? Vs Say Valcyte if you used that for HHV6. Thanks

Learner1

Artesunate helped me beat stage 3 cancer. I tried it with my viruses, however, like you, my immune system was too whacked and needed IVIG to fight anything, so it wasntvas helpful as I'd hoped. Going on IVIG + 7 months of Valcyte has beaten back the HHV6 and my other viruses. There are good studies using artesunate with viruses, so if I weren't as sick, it might have helped. (Easier on the liver, too.)

CFS_Kristin

Artesunate helped me beat stage 3 cancer. I tried it with my viruses, however, like you, my immune system was too whacked and needed IVIG to fight anything, so it wasntvas helpful as I'd hoped. Going on IVIG + 7 months of Valcyte has beaten back the HHV6 and my other viruses. There are good studies using artesunate with viruses, so if I weren't as sick, it might have helped. (Easier on the liver, too.)

Did you test positive for any of these viruses?

How well are you from 7 months of Valycte + IVIG? What’s your functioning from it?

Learner1

Yes, I had EBV, CMV, HHV6, HSV2, and Parvovirus B19. I started Valcyte and my brain fog and cognitive function improved over the first 2 months. The IVIG has been a bit of a roller coaster, but I've gradually improved. I have glimmers of normal some days, spend other days resting most of the day, my POTS has been improving. I work part time and can do careful exercise.