• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Ampligen updates?

good question. that was a treatment years ago. i dont know if anyone is still doing it. years ago i spoke to several people who had it, and they said it helped a lot. but when they stopped, it stopped.
i hope you get some replies, im very interested.

joanie

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
http://ir.hemispherx.net/profiles/i...ryID=88616&BzID=2265&g=980&Nav=0&LangID=1&s=0
Sep 18, 2018
Hemispherx to Distribute Second Lot of Ampligen® for use in Multiple Indications in Argentina, the United States and Europe
Ampligen supply will support product launch in Argentina, Expanded Access Programs for the treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the United States and Europe and pancreatic cancer in the Netherlands, and upcoming U.S. based Phase I/II combination therapy clinical trials in various solid tumors
ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (NYSE American: HEB) announced today regulatory inspection and clearance for distribution of the Company's second commercial scale lot of Ampligen® (rintatolimod), which is slated for multiple uses including product launch in Argentina, where Ampligen is approved for the treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), ME/CFS expanded access program (EAP) in the United States and Europe and an EAP in the Netherlands for pancreatic cancer. This lot includes approximately 8,000 vials and is the second such lot filled and finished this year, giving a usable Ampligen supply of approximately 16,000 vials.

Ampligen, a first-in-class drug of large macromolecular RNA (ribonucleic acid) molecules, was approved for commercial sale in Argentina in 2016 for the treatment of ME/CFS, the first therapy ever approved for this quality-of-life impacting disease. The Argentine commercial launch is scheduled for year end and the first quarter of 2019. The Company will also provide Ampligen to medical centers in the U.S. and Europe for use in EAPs for patients with ME/CFS and in the Netherlands for pancreatic cancer. Finally, but significantly, the Company expects to commence additional clinical trials using Ampligen in combination with FDA-approved checkpoint blockade therapies in an effort to improve overall efficacy and survival in cancers such as pancreatic, non-small cell lung, ovarian and colorectal tumors, the first of which may commence within sixty days.
[...]

"We are pleased to announce completion of our second commercial size lot of Ampligen and excited about the opportunities availability of the therapy affords us. From a product launch in Argentina, to supporting patients through EAPs and in evaluation for the treatment of solid tumors, we are working to advance Ampligen as rapidly as possible, and realize its potential across multiple market opportunities," said Thomas K. Equels, Chief Executive Officer of Hemispherx. "While there are millions of ME/CFS patients across the globe, the approval of Ampligen in Argentina represents the first therapy ever approved for treatment of the condition. Additionally, we are hopeful that our initial trials in solid tumor indications will demonstrate the promise of the therapy in combination with checkpoint inhibitors and have a true impact on the cancer treatment paradigm."

prioris

Ampligen is a dead end solution. Pharmaceuticals aren't going to heal you. I followed that long while back. Company seemed dishonest about trials. Lot of negative side effects.

jaybee00

I’m not sure what this means...anything that treats this will likely have a lot of side effects...just like RA and MS meds. About 25 % improve on Ampligen.

prioris

I’m not sure what this means...anything that treats this will likely have a lot of side effects...just like RA and MS meds. About 25 % improve on Ampligen.

the side effects and "improve" percentage should be red flags for you

people drinking too much from the conventional medical system of pharma and surgery well will shorten their life span

sparklehoof

the side effects and "improve" percentage should be red flags for you

people drinking too much from the conventional medical system of pharma and surgery well will shorten their life span
@prioris
Thank you for your posts. I’m sorry that you have been sick for nearly your entire life. I can only imagine how much you have researched and how many treatments you have tried.

I’d like to hear more about your experiences with Ampligen and Hemespherx if you don’t mind sharing.
Thanks

prioris

@prioris
Thank you for your posts. I’m sorry that you have been sick for nearly your entire life. I can only imagine how much you have researched and how many treatments you have tried.

I’d like to hear more about your experiences with Ampligen and Hemespherx if you don’t mind sharing.
Thanks

i generally stay away from pharmaceuticals. they are a dead end.
as hypocratis says ... the cure is in the foods

but here is one pharmaceutical that actually did something

i did cure my FMS with original lederle brand minocin in one week that was patented around 1973. it isn't the antibiotic that cures but something else ... it does something to the immune system...

once the company realized it was curing a lot of chronic conditions they jacked up the price for 60 tablets from $40 to $1200 astronomical levels (not even low income people had access to this thru any program) and devised a CRIMINAL scheme to reformulate and re-patent it under another name ... i think it was humira or maybe enbrel
  • Humira cost between $1,800 and $2,400 per month.
  • Enbrel averages more than $4,000 per month.
added detailed
In 1995 Wyeth labs purchased American Cyanamid --a principal subsidiary of cyanamid was Lederle labs --therefore Wyeth became the owner of Lederle and all its meds --including minocin --about two to three years ago Wyeth sold US rights to Triax and Canadian rights to Stiefel ---the branded minocin produced by either Triax or Stiefel is absolutely the same as the original Lederle product ---THe major difference between branded minocin and any other generic out there is that minocin is sustained release while every generic is immediate release --there is no generic that is sustained release --every generic is either a powdered capsule or tablet while the brand consists of tiny pellets in a capsule ---Years ago lederle did produce a pelleted generic but when Wyeth took it over -they discontinued it a year or so later !!--While folks have done well with generics -especially high quality production such as from Teva or Watson --there have been many instances where folks did not repond to generics -upon switching to brand favorable responses were noticed --

if a pharmaceutical does actually work ... you won't be able to afford it

the real research to cure things is with natural medicine ... it's all about getting the body to heal itself ... if you cut your finger, it is the body which actually repairs it

sparklehoof

Thanks so much.
The history is interesting (but definitely familiar:). Maybe we’ll become the next generation of Breaking Bad entrepreneurs when we use an old ice cream truck in the desert as a lab to modify/convert generic minocin into sustained release.
Patients could line up in their wheelchairs and scooters, or take advantage of our shaded, complimentary lounge filled with recliners, electrolyte water and personal solar powered fans.
Lookout Walgreens!

Which natural treatments do you believe is or will be most effective for M.E?

Paralee

I just looked into this info better and finally figured out why certain doctor visits ended up as they did.
This is so interesting. You can find the biosimilar names online, and all the scary stuff that comes with taking certain drugs in this line.

sparklehoof

“I just looked into this info better and finally figured out why certain doctor visits ended up as they did.“ what do you mean? I’m not sure if I understand.

Pyrrhus

A press release:

AIM doses first ‘long hauler’ patient in trial of post-Covid-19 infection
https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/company-news/aim-doses-first-patient/

Another press release on the clinical trials of Ampligen for Long Covid:

AIM ImmunoTech Submits Pre-IND Application to the FDA for Phase 2 Clinical Study of Ampligen as a Potential Infusion Therapy for Post-COVID-19 Cognitive Dysfunction
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...-for-Post-COVID-19-Cognitive-Dysfunction.html