• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Omega 3 - Molecularity distilled Fish oil?

Hi guys,

I'd like to start doing 2g-4g of Omega 3 supplements / day, but Krill oil is way to expensive. Good quality Krill oil costs about $1.5 / gram which is not sustainable.

Molecularity distilled Fish oil is way more sustainable. I just started to consider this, but it seems that some of this oil may contain hexane, which is very toxic.

I wonder what you think about Now's or Jarrow's Molecularity distilled Fish oil.

Thanks

Runner5

I had to make some cuts to what I normally purchase and decide -- okay what is worth the money. Fish oil was one of the 'worth it' items I actually spend the scrilla on. This is what I use (link below), I like New Chapter a whole lot. I am a huge believer in Pacific Salmon - probably because I live on the Oregon Coast. ;-P Salmon is our jam out here. I heard a lot of negatives about eating fish but if you physically look at the people out here eating a bunch of fish and get to know them, I mean, omg they look amazing. They have radiant health. So yeah, I'm sticking with the Salmon, I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-...8-1-fkmr2&keywords=Next+Chapter+fish+oil&th=1

I had to make some cuts to what I normally purchase and decide -- okay what is worth the money. Fish oil was one of the 'worth it' items I actually spend the scrilla on. This is what I use (link below), I like New Chapter a whole lot. I am a huge believer in Pacific Salmon - probably because I live on the Oregon Coast. ;-P Salmon is our jam out here. I heard a lot of negatives about eating fish but if you physically look at the people out here eating a bunch of fish and get to know them, I mean, omg they look amazing. They have radiant health. So yeah, I'm sticking with the Salmon, I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-Fish-Oil-Supplement/dp/B002FU6I9K/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519063517&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=Next+Chapter+fish+oil&th=1

Thanks a lot for the answer Runner5!

The thing is that I live in Europe, so Amazon is out of question. I could get my hands on Now, Jarrow, Swanson, and some other brands like those.

Runner5

Oh, I see! I do like those three brands, Now, Jarrow and Swanson. I use a lot of the NOW brand products but have not tried their fish oils. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

ljimbo423

caledonia

Molecular distilled should be ok. It's better than not molecular distilled.

Pharmaceutical grade is the best. That's what I take (and it is kind of expensive), but well worth it.

Without it, I would have gritty dry eyes and need to take special eyedrops every day, and a dry mouth leading to a bunch of cavities. So the fish oil is actually cost effective compared to those expenses. Plus it has many other health benefits.

xrayspex

Molecular distilled should be ok. It's better than not molecular distilled.

Pharmaceutical grade is the best. That's what I take (and it is kind of expensive), but well worth it.

Without it, I would have gritty dry eyes and need to take special eyedrops every day, and a dry mouth leading to a bunch of cavities. So the fish oil is actually cost effective compared to those expenses. Plus it has many other health benefits.
what fish oil do you buy? I recently tried Carlsons capsules and they are good but also want to try Krill but dont know which brand to get.