• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inner sense of bodily tremor

Wolfcub

Tonight I found a connection between migraine and "essential tremor".
This obviously wouldn't apply in many cases but for anyone who has head pain/migraine/migraine-like symptoms as well, it's worth investigating. Also for trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia.
Whether this also includes that deep-seated sense of tremor which is not obvious and outward (such as in hands shaking etc) -I don't know. I have only just started looking at it so there's much I don't know.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4472994/

Essential Tremor by itself is considered "benign" by neurologists so it doesn't necessarily have to be anything really wrong or to worry about.
But it can run alongside other diagnoses, and seems to have an affinity for migraine (as well as other things of course)

Wolfcub

I've been through this. It would sometimes occur during the day but would be very severe at night. At first, I controlled it by using sublingual P5P at night, but that quit working. It was so severe at night that I had to find a solution. Even though I don't know what seizures feel like, I would feel certain that I was about to have one. It also caused me a lot of sleepless nights. Now I can treat it with calcium. I find calcium seems to be very soothing to my central nervous system. Ironically, I need calcium to stay awake during the day and calcium to sleep at night. The 1st time I took a dose of calcium (at 100% of the RDA), I felt like I had been shot with a tranquilizer dart. Luckily, it was evening, and I crawled into bed with my clothes on and slept better than I had in years.

It seems like the transition between wake and sleep is tricky. I've read that it's when a person is most likely to have a seizure. Also, some people have myoclonic jerks and hypnopompic/hypnogogic hallucinations; I've experienced these but not seizures (that I know of).

There also seems to be some connection to acetylcholine (ACh). I have similar responses to supplements that boost acetylcholine and calcium supplements. I need both and for very similar symptoms, but I cannot tease out where low ACh symptoms end and low calcium symptoms begin. I'm doing well on both, but certain supplements (like vitamin A or K2) will trigger symptoms that I can barely supplement my way out of and will take me a few days of supplement use to recover from, and again, I can't tell if it is because these supplements are pulling so much calcium into my bones or if they are using up ACh. I also think it's quite likely that I'm overlooking something. For example, why does my body not just pull calcium from bone when it needs it? There may be something necessary for my parathyroid to work that I'm missing?

The buzzing/vibration feels so awful when it's bad, and it would even make me nauseated sometimes. I hope everyone can find something that works for them.
(My bold text) Yes that's what I feel too when I get the "shakiness", that in and of itself certainly isn't primary anxiety.

I am really interested in what you wrote about calcium and acetylcholine. Thank you.

Mel9

Specifically helped the inner tremor problem or just helped in general?

Overcoming VitB12 malabsorption. I’m not sure about the tremours and how it relates with VitB12 deficiencies though. I used to get these but I’m not sure exactly what stopped them.

VitB12 is fixing my peripheral neuropathy, which is more a severe tingling buzzing feeling.

Last edited: