• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B complex with no or low folic acid or methylfolate?

pspa123

I am looking for a modest dose B complex (preferably active forms) but with no folic acid OR methylfolate (or alternatively just a low amount of methylfolate) as I am pretty confident I get plenty of folate from food and don't want excess. Surprisingly, I can't find any products out there with less than 400 mcg of either folic acid or methylfolate. Any help appreciated.

A little off topic, but I would advise you to take a blood test for vitamins to find out your resulting balance of vitamins. For example, I have exceeded the indicator of vitamin B6, although I do not take any vitamin preparations. The balance of vitamins in the body depends not only on your menu, but also on the characteristics of your digestive system, intestinal biome and genetic features.

pamojja

A little off topic, but I would advise you to take a blood test for vitamins to find out your resulting balance of vitamins. For example, I have exceeded the indicator of vitamin B6, although I do not take any vitamin preparations.

Although I too would advise testing as much as possible, some blood tests like B6, B9 and B12 are only meaning that if they show deficiency. If it shows too high B6 especially without taking any, it doesn't necessarily mean the high B6 in blood is utilized and one can still be deficient in.

If you search PhoenixRising for Vitamin B6 you'll further information about the unreliability of blood tests, once they show too high. And what better option to test available.