• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any experience with Pyruvic acid supplementation? (Bad reaction)

pattismith

I tried Pyruvic acid (calcium pyruvate 1500 mg per serving = 2 caps, 4 caps per day) supplementation for 36 hours now, and it is a bad failure for me....

The bad effect starts 1h30 after the intake with big tinnitus, then after about 30 mn nausea and headache...

I will not keep it!:ill:

I didn't find anything on PR about other members experience about it, so I decided to report my short trial.

pattismith

I had Tinnitus as well from a drug that increases intracellular calcium, so i checked what is the effect on pyruvate on intracellular calcium:

"Recent work reveals that pyruvate, the precursor substrate for the Krebs cycle, regulates Icrac to prolong Ca2+ influx into the cell, thereby coupling oxidation of glucose and its own metabolism in the mitochondria to Ca2+ influx by the CRAC channel."

Increase of intracellular calcium is known to generate tinnitus...