• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

thymus extract or thymic protein w/o maltodextrin?

ebethc

I like the results I'm getting w ProBoost (thymic protein) but don't want the maltodextrin. Can anyone recommend a high-quality thymus extract product? I don't know if there are any other thymic protein products out there, but I'd like to stick w that if possible. Supposedly, it's better than thymus glandulars.

thanks

junkcrap50

I like the results I'm getting w ProBoost (thymic protein) but don't want the maltodextrin. Can anyone recommend a high-quality thymus extract product? I don't know if there are any other thymic protein products out there, but I'd like to stick w that if possible. Supposedly, it's better than thymus glandulars.

thanks

You can look into the peptides Thymosin Alpha-1 and Thymosin Beta-4. I believe Thymosin Alpha-1 is thymic protein A. I've had fantastic results with these peptides, but nothing noticable on ProBoost. I don't know of any other thymic protein A products out there besides ProBoost.

ebethc

You can look into the peptides Thymosin Alpha-1 and Thymosin Beta-4. I believe Thymosin Alpha-1 is thymic protein A. I've had fantastic results with these peptides, but nothing noticable on ProBoost. I don't know of any other thymic protein A products out there besides ProBoost.

can you tell me what the brands are for these variations? thx

EDIT: it looks like these are Rx only... This is interesting, but I'm looking for something that's OTC

Thymosin Alpha-1 - for chronic hep B; ZADAXIN (thymalfasin)
https://www.rxlist.com/zadaxin-drug.htm#indications_dosage

Last edited:

junkcrap50

There's no brands. It's a research peptide. I get mine from a compounding pharmacy, but you can get it without a Rx from several research peptide websites such as https://www.peptidesciences.com/thymosin-alpha-1-3mg. But that's at one's own risk.

I did not know there are actual drugs of this peptide. I've never heard of Zadaxin.

I don't think there are other supplements with Thymic Protein A. I thought ProBoost was unique in that. There might be some supplements that include thymic enzymes or dried calf/pig thymus, but none that have specifically the peptides.

ebethc

There's no brands. It's a research peptide. I get mine from a compounding pharmacy, but you can get it without a Rx from several research peptide websites such as https://www.peptidesciences.com/thymosin-alpha-1-3mg. But that's at one's own risk.

I did not know there are actual drugs of this peptide. I've never heard of Zadaxin.

I don't think there are other supplements with Thymic Protein A. I thought ProBoost was unique in that. There might be some supplements that include thymic enzymes or dried calf/pig thymus, but none that have specifically the peptides.

yeah, buying something like this from a random website isn't something I'd do, but good to know about the compounding... esp. because I happen to know of a good compounding pharmacy...

I don't have a doctor to rx this at the moment, so back to finding something quality and OTC

Runner5

Is it working for you?

If your thyroid is fine and you take the extract you could (i.e. WILL) ruin your thyroid. Man, that's a tough route. I wrote about how a lot of this metabolic damage and issues might not be thyroid at all - it's kidney based on research by Dr. Kempner in the 50's. It's on my rambling blog.

My symptoms mimic thyroid and I really thought - okay test results are just wrong. I've had them done 5 times now but they have to be wrong, these are my symptoms! But it wasn't thyroid, it was kidney because when I changed everything up for kidney function the lights came back on.

Just a thought for ya' If the extract is working, then go for it.