• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Basal Metabolic Gridlock: A pH Paradox

Hi guys:

I have a theory regarding the core etiology of ME/CFS. You can read it in full at WelcomeToHeaven.com. Here is a snapshot. This is not medical advice and it has not been put through randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials.

The universe is accelerating. Gravity, as predicted by Einstein and explained beautifully in this succinct PBS video—is “fake.” It is the acceleration of the surface of the earth through space that creates the illusion of gravity as well as the illusion of time. This is my opinion.

As the universe accelerates outward from its center, time itself is occupying larger and larger spheres. The smaller spheres that are “below” the quantum field of the present are the past; the larger spheres that are “above” it are the future. As quantum physics teaches, all fields of time co-exist. (Again, Einstein was prescient: “The distinction between past, present, and future is only an illusion, however tenacious this illusion may be.” –March 1955) This is my opinion.

People with ME/CFS are synced with the quantum field of the future. Their brains believe—perhaps because of calcified manganese in the pineal gland—that they are in a larger, higher-energy sphere. As a result, their bodies endeavor to maintain basal metabolic settings (heart rate, BP, orthostatic pressure, pH) that are inappropriately high. This is my opinion.

There are two nervous systems. The brain, which reads the collective self through the individual lens. And the gut, which reads the individual self through the collective lens. With ME/CFS—as with many other illnesses—the two nervous systems clash. The software—the gut—knows the metabolic rate is too fast. But the hardware—the brain—thinks the metabolic rate is too slow. This computational error is why the body cannot correct itself. Every time the gut tries to put the brakes on metabolism, by producing ammonia, the brain revs it. (And there’s a cap to how much ammonia the body can tolerate.) ME/CFS is a kind of stealth acidosis that looks like alkalosis. In fact, because of the excess ammonia production, in a way it’s acidosis and alkalosis at the same time. This is why I use the phrases “pH paradox” and “basal metabolic gridlock.” This is my opinion.

I had the opposite problem. I had stealth alkalosis that looked like acidosis. In both cases, there is a pH paradox and a problem with the level of ammonia and the iron to manganese ratio. To get out of my vicious cycle I had to do two things: salt-loading (stimulates adrenals and boosts acidity reserves), plus iodine (stimulates thyroid), plus manganese (stimulates pituitary). I also needed to take P5P (active B6) throughout the day, to allow my body to feel it could manipulate pH at a moment’s notice. It’d be preferable to solve the root problem—the pH paradox, the disconnect between the gut and brain—because until I do that, any B vitamins I give my body can be employed for cross-purposes. I’m in alkalosis (vis-à-vis Time), but while my brain believes me to be in acidosis, it will use my Bs to slow metabolism, and make ammonia, rather than to rev it.

More here, if interested: http://welcometoheaven.com/is-all-illness-quantum/

This is my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@pamojja That is my point. It looks like alkalosis, but it isn't. It looks like alkalosis when seen through the individual lens.

There are two nervous systems. The brain, which reads the collective self through the individual lens; and the gut, which reads the individual self through the collective lens. The two nervous systems are reading the same stats and coming to polar opposite conclusions; that is the cause of the gridlock.

pamojja

The brain, which reads the collective self through the individual lens; and the gut, which reads the individual self through the collective lens.

To arbitrarily interpret something well defined and tested as it's opposite is a very dangerous way to be. For example, if the speedometer shows I'm too fast via the brain, I reduce the speed and be probably save. The gut arbitrarily saying still too slow, and even increasing speed and I could be death.

Of course, I'm all for integrating intuition. But not for splitting and psychosis.

@pamojja To put it another way: You're spinning so fast that it looks like you're spinning too slowly. It's akin to changing gears.

pamojja

To put it another way: You're spinning so fast that it looks like you're spinning too slowly. It's akin to changing gears.

Says who? Right from the beginning of my diagnosis 10 years ago placed my bets on accumulating knowledge, observations, experimentations and intuition as a grand orchestra all together. Not on doctors, or anyone trying to create duality out of confusion there isn't really.

My journey in healing - had a remission in my main condition of PAD and a 60% walking-disability 4 years ago - tells me, at times I needed iron, at times not, at times in certain forms.

While you probe into something totally unrealistic, a one size fits all.

I wouldn't say "one size fits all," but I am trying to understand the core etiology of this illness. It does have one.

Hip

I would suggest, Alethea, if you want to put ME/CFS into some sort of spiritual or philosophical context, which many people do in order to help cope with this illness, then consider using purely spiritual concepts, rather than this mishmash of random scientific concepts that you have woven together into a story.

If you talk in purely spiritual terms, nobody is going mind; but once you start presenting your ideas as a scientific theory of ME/CFS, you will have to expect that people are going to tell that it's gibberish,

Hip

Thank you, @Hip . All the best ideas sound like gibberish at the outset.

Sorry, but remember this is forum about a medical condition called myalgic encephalomyelitis,

Imagine an artist who has gone to a junk yard and collected lots of metal pieces from old cars, then welded the bits together to make some intriguing art installation. The artwork may be beautify or inspiring to look at, but randomly welding bits of metal together does not make a working car that actually drives. To do that, you have to be a mechanic. Likewise, you cannot randomly throw together concepts from science and expect to make a working scientific theory.

pamojja

I wouldn't say "one size fits all," but I am trying to understand the core etiology of this illness. It does have one.

Both mechanism you propose would actually mean the opposites, are both based on sound scientific observations. Which are completely absent in your arbitrary proposals.

@Hip I really like your "junkyard car-parts new-age art installation" vs. "actual car" analogy. I mean, I don't think it applies to what I'm saying / doing here, but it's clever.

place

Be Strong!
Thank you for your post. I hope you feel welcomed and not criticizing. I love this board because of the beautiful minds that come together to share findings and personal theories.

I think back when I got diagnosed in 2005, there was nothing online as we have today. And it was this weird community with it’s non-scientific theories that has progress the treatment for many people. A scientific grassroots community.

I hope your post helps someone get a little closer to their goal.

HowToEscape?

Thank you for your post. I hope you feel welcomed and not criticizing. I love this board because of the beautiful minds that come together to share findings and personal theories.

I think back when I got diagnosed in 2005, there was nothing online as we have today. And it was this weird community with it’s non-scientific theories that has progress the treatment for many people. A scientific grassroots community.

I hope your post helps someone get a little closer to their goal.

It could get someone seriously more sick.
Make your blood more alkaline by 0.3 pH and your troubles will be gone, because you'll be dead.
You can easily poison yourself with too much iron.
Administration of general anesthesia is dangerous enough that a patient in perfect health must be monitored every minute. The post proposes randomly throwing this high risk procedure at people who are severely ill and poor candidates for it

place

Be Strong!
My point is, that even if you find the theory full of holes, or word soup. This is a place of sharing ideas because something in the post may eventually lead to a different solution.

This should be a safe place to brainstorm, and poster said just that. And the common solutions we use today, sounded bat shit crazy 20 years ago.

We don’t want to stifle our future?

Mary

Moderator Resource
MODERATOR'S NOTE: The opening post in this thread has been edited by the author to remove medical advice. Some of the following posts quoted the original, unedited post, so may not correspond to the edited version, though efforts have been made to sync all posts with the current version of the opening post.

Last edited:
@place Thank you for your kind words. To be candid, I don't feel welcomed. I feel criticized and intimidated. But it doesn't matter how I feel, because this isn't about me. It's about thousands of people who are suffering, and a medical system that is failing all of us. If we have to solve this on our own because mainstream medicine is in the back pocket of drug companies, then we will solve it on our own.

I am not working alone. There are thousands of us who are dedicated to understanding this illness, no matter the cost. If I feel like I might have a new idea to contribute, or a new way of looking at things, that may not be perfect (indeed is sure not to be) but might in some way move us closer to a cure, will I continue to try to share it regardless if every person calls me an idiot to my face and insults my way of thinking, my use of language, my motives, and my ideas? Yes. I will. If being laid low by a debilitating mystery illness for years taught me one thing only, it is that. I will not be silenced. I will not be cowed. I will not be intimidated. I will speak, and one day, together, we will beat this thing.

@HowToEscape? Apologies if my thoughts were not clear. I wasn't suggesting that people go out and buy the equipment necessary to administer general anesthesia to themselves and try it out at home for fun. I was suggesting that physicians who specialize in general anesthesia might be consulted regarding whether the basal metabolic "settings" that we are giving to the general population are in fact medically inappropriate -- as I believe some studies have already suggested -- for a person with ME/CFS. I was told there was a letter or something that should be given to doctors informing them of the dangers of anesthesia for a person with ME/CFS? Foggy on the details, and I lack firsthand knowledge (maybe shouldn't be referencing something that is hearsay), but perhaps someone else here knows what I'm talking about and can fill us in.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
@alethea, from your article: https://welcometoheaven.com/is-all-illness-quantum/

My skin is itching like crazy; I’m retaining fluid, especially around the eyes and ankles; and my sense of balance and circadian rhythm are both off. It’s also not uncommon to vomit colors, although I don’t seem to be vomiting this time around. While my metabolism is being revved (e.g. during the night), I may start sweating. This should have been happening on a daily basis, but I’m behind, so it’s an adjustment. I’ve been strengthening my pineal gland (sunlight, sun-gazing, iodine, guayusa tea), so it’s able to read the time signature more clearly. What’s probably happening—invisibly—is a dimensional shift. I tend to be a night owl, but after an update, I wake up early. Try to sync with morning light; it runs more slowly.

You have some signs and symptoms of being hypothyroid. Iodine can actually make things worse for you. (Advice about iodine came to me from my endocrinologist and some peer-reviewed published endocrinology articles.)

When was the last time you had your thyroid levels checked?