• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low-dose naltrexone intramuscularly?

Hello!
Recently I started taking LDN as an experiment. And I noticed that my digestive problems had greatly worsened. And I thought, what if I do injections instead of oral administration? Has anyone tried LDN intramuscularly? Do you think that digestive side effects will disappear?

Wishful

I found that taking it sublingually (emptying the capsule under my tongue) allowed a 1/3 reduction in the dosage needed. I experimented with dosage and found that 2.25 mg was my minimal effective dose (down from the typical prescription of 4.5 mg). Furthermore, I found that I could alternate morning and evening doses every two days (36 hrs between) for a further reduction. Maybe such a reduction in dosage would allow you to avoid the digestive side effects you feel. I didn't have any side effects; I just preferred to minimize drug intake.

Also, are you lactose intolerant? LDN typically uses lactose as a filler. You can ask for alternatives.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
And I thought, what if I do injections instead of oral administration? Has anyone tried LDN intramuscularly?
I have never heard of anyone injecting it. If you want to consider that be sure your doctor approves and that is is steriley compounded for injection at an appropriate dose.

perchance dreamer

What does "topically " mean? Please tell me exactly how you are taking LDN?

@yurybx and @Gondwanaland, my LDN comes in a creme form, and I apply it to sites such as the inside of my thighs, under my arms, and the tops of my feet. It's good to switch around instead of putting it on the same area every night. My doctor sent my prescription to a compounding pharmacy, which formulates the creme for me.

@yurybx and @Gondwanaland, my LDN comes in a creme form, and I apply it to sites such as the inside of my thighs, under my arms, and the tops of my feet. It's good to switch around instead of putting it on the same area every night. My doctor sent my prescription to a compounding pharmacy, which formulates the creme for me.
Very interesting! But unfortunately, in my country this cream is not on sale. Do you know if it is possible to make a transdermal cream from regular naltrexone capsules? If I just mix their contents with ordinary petroleum jelly, will it work?

I can not find the composition of the transdermal cream anywhere. Could you write his composition in this thread? I would be very grateful.

perchance dreamer

@yurybx, my LDN creme comes in a click applicator. It says 30 ML Naltrexone 4 MG/ML Creme. Each click is 1 MG.

It says nothing beyond that, so I'm afraid that's not very helpful. If you are interested in trying LDN creme that is already formulated rather than trying to mix it yourself, you would need to get a prescription from a doctor willing to send prescriptions to a compounding pharmacy. There may be another way to do it, but I'm not sure.

Have you seen this LDN site?

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

pamojja

Oral LDN didn't cause any digestive side-effects for me either.

Otherwise, sublingual would be an option, but even a little bid tastes very unpleasant to me. For transtermal would mix it with DSMO.

@pamojja, you are lucky )
Did you mean dimethylsulfoxide? I do not like that this substance is in itself a cure, and I do not want to mix the effects of different drugs. Is there another option?