• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calcified Manganese in the Pineal Gland

I’ve come up with a theoretical possibility for the core etiology of ME/CFS. I’ll post a synopsis here, with a link where people may read more, if interested.

This theory has not yet been put through the rigors of scientific testing, and may not prove correct. Only time will tell (that’s a little pun, as you’ll see later). If correct, it will require a radical shift in how we see ourselves and our world. There will be those who feel this paradigm shift has been intentionally suppressed, who put forth various conspiracy theories. I do not believe that line of reasoning is accurate or beneficial. We are doing the best we can. This is simply how long it took—if this hypothesis is even correct—to figure things out. Try not to think in terms of “us” and “them;" see if you can retrain your brain to think in terms of “we."

Do a little digging in contemporary quantum physics, and you’ll quickly bump into a lot of talk about a 'holographic universe,’ quantum computing, or the idea that reality is being ‘simulated' in some way. These concepts seem implausible at first, but there's a lot of intense, well-documented science at work, and I believe they are in fact correct. We are more than membranes and mitochondria. We are also light—consciousness—and we follow light’s rules. Our speed can never change. What changes is the speed of time.

At the quantum level, past, present, and future co-exist. They're all here, now, but—and here’s the new bit, that hasn’t been proved yet—they're cycling at different speeds. The past is happening more quickly than we are. And the future is happening more slowly. When we cycle time at the speed of the past, we speed up until we cannot move. This is Parkinson’s. When we cycle time at the speed of the future, we slow down until we cannot move. This is ALS.

Time is just an electromagnetic field—a gravity to electricity ratio. In the human body, gravity to electricity can be measured as iron to manganese.

When the body misperceives itself as being in the past, perhaps because of calcified iron in the pineal gland, we circle a “too small” sphere of time and get Alzheimer’s. We “wake up,” every moment, in the past. When the body misperceives itself as being in the future, perhaps because of calcified manganese in the pineal gland (catalyzed by diminished thiamine metabolism from viruses and/or mycotoxins), we circle a “too large” sphere of time and get myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

Having chronic fatigue syndrome is like wearing a gravity suit. The pineal gland reads a falsely high manganese level and locates the person in the future. But today’s iron to manganese ratio will be progressively more iron-toxic as we move farther forward in time. As the universe expands outward from the center of gravity, the mechanics of time—the iron to manganese ratio—are constantly shifting toward manganese. In general, we all become iron-toxic over the course of our lifetimes. Iron- (gravity-) toxicity is the central mechanism of aging.

The root cause of my own health woes was iron toxicity. And by that, I mean a high iron to manganese ratio. On blood work, my iron panel was consistently normal—but my RBC manganese was low. What matters isn’t iron per se; it’s the iron to manganese ratio. Iron to manganese is a stand-in for gravity to electricity. It’s how the body locates itself in time.

Because my iron to manganese ratio was high, my brain (my central nervous system) situated me in the wrong quantum field—that of the past—and, as a result, I was cycling time too quickly. I found being around mold, which is also matter and energy spinning into each other more quickly than the speed of the present (what it means to decay), to be intolerable. It was perturbing the quantum field in the opposite direction of the perturbation I need.

The things that healed me—and here I should add that while I’ve suffered from serious fatigue my whole life, I’ve never been given a formal diagnosis of ME/CFS—are: iodine; microdose lithium (3/day); P5P (3/day) or benfotiamine (I use high doses of one or the other; right now it’s P5P); magnesium (as needed; can be hard on adrenals); and manganese (as needed; I need less when I increase my pH). Iodine and sun-gazing help to detoxify the pineal gland, which becomes calcified as we age, and is impaired by fluorine (in many drugs) and fluoride (in the water). Iodine also supports the thyroid, which functions in tandem with the HPA (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) axis, which I’m supporting with salt and/or manganese.

The pineal gland may be especially important, but, really, all the glands are pivotal in syncing us with the right time signature. When we’re cycling time at the wrong speed, it burns them out and deranges their function. Those with “hyperthyroidism” are often hypothyroid because they’re in the wrong time signature—that of the past—where time runs much more quickly. They need to help the thyroid switch time signatures, i.e. spin even faster, so it can spin more slowly (akin to switching gears). I take a brand of iodine by Designs for Health contains 10,000 mcg of iodine and 40 mcg of selenium, and I need 3-4 pills a day.

I also seem to need one or two teaspoons of a purified natural sea salt, such as Detoxi salt, to increase my pH. I alternate between consuming sea salt and/or sodium bicarbonate orally and using them transdermally in the bath; I also use them transdermally right on top of the head. Once I’m no longer too acidic, the copper found in organic coffee or chocolate (copper conducts electricity—why we use it in copper wires) gives me a tremendous boost and can help me to balance the overwhelming force of gravity (overwhelming when we’re in the wrong time signature). When I take iodine, P5P, and lithium with a latte or with chocolate grass-fed milk, it’s extremely powerful.

When I’m no longer too acidic, and am cycling time properly, copper can bestow its numerous benefits, including helping to make ATP, quell inflammation, and induce apoptosis. When I am too acidic, it warps into Blastocystis, and only contributes to the myriad ill effects of excess yeast.

Nothing in the universe—nothing that is animal, vegetable, or mineral—is inert. The universe is one with itself over time, therefore the entire universe is alive. This is why Jesus said, “The rocks themselves would cry out.”

Not so, the man-made chemicals. Pesticides, polymers, preservatives, plastics: these things are the problem. Avoid. I was getting ready to fill my car with gas last night, and when I noticed the pump said Now With Techron, I screwed the cap back on and left. Any time you see Now With X, where X is a made-up word, a man-made chemical, avoid.

All illness is quantum because our existence, at base, is quantum.

I was cycling time too quickly. Some of us are cycling it too slowly. But, in terms of health, “too quickly” or “too slowly” have the same net effect. We need to cycle time at the right speed: the speed of light.

When we cycle time at the proper speed, our matter (m) to energy (E) ratio is correct. When we lag behind time, we have too much matter; when we surpass time, we have too much energy. Energy and matter becoming each other, or E = mc (that’s why there’s an equal sign, and at the quantum level, it goes both ways) is a process I call trans-animating.

Cancer results when we’re “offline” and not trans-animating sufficiently, typically because of acidosis. This is why it can sometimes be treated with the bicarbonates—they increase our pH. To “make light” at the right speed for our quantum field, we need to maintain a pH of 7. When our pH is too low, we don’t make enough light. And when our pH is too high, we make too much. pH is the powers of hydrogen (think the sun)—the power of light.

When our pH is too low, and we lag behind in trans-animating (i.e. lag behind time), our matter to energy ratio is too high. Instead of gravity and electricity in the body, we get their material “precipitates”: iron and oxalate.

Iron is, in effect, gravity in physical form. And oxalate (a crystal found in plants capable of photosynthesis) is, in effect, light. We can take oxalate in through the diet, or we can make it ourselves. When we make it, it isn’t good. We’re making oxalate, when we should be making light.

Inside cells that are trans-animating insufficiently because they’re too acidic and the powers of hydrogen are too low—i.e. cells that begin to accumulate iron and oxalate—after a while, a switch gets flipped. They enter a hyper-metabolic state and appear to over-replicate. But in reality, they’ve simply adapted to a shorter time signature—the past time signature—and are replicating at a “normal” rate.

If the problem were simple, our bodies would have solved it themselves. But it’s two-pronged. Some of us need to spin the light wheel, but we can’t, because we’re already too acidic, and to spin the light wheel generates acid. The autistic children need to slow the light wheel, but they can’t, because to slow the light wheel increases alkalinity, and they’re already too alkaline.

I also use an orgone Biomat on the lowest heat setting for many hours a day, and it has helped my energy tremendously. I have no relationship with any of the companies I’m linking to, and am not a part of any Amazon “affiliates” program. I'm sharing what has helped me, in the hopes of helping others. This is not intended as medical advice. In this, as in all things, make your own decisions.

Let me say that again, because it’s important. I was finally able to climb out of the worst abyss of my life, where I was barely able to think or move, where I was alone and afraid and misunderstood by everyone I’d thought was on my side, only when I covered my ears and listened to my heart.

Make your own decisions.

More info here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IrXMKyVvj2CtKZt-sGKreh7sEKfzMfGRGP9M58md2qM/edit

Much love to all. xxAlethea

Last edited:
Oh - are we not supposed to mention what products we're taking to feel better? I'm happy to excise those bits. Apologies - I haven't posted here lately.
I know the principles of quantum physics can sound counterintuitive, if not downright insane, at first. Nonetheless, the field is genuine and so are its most recent discoveries. There is in fact not even much debate at the moment about what most feel is the "nature" of the universe (holographic, simulated, emergent -- choose your term). The problem is, we've suffered from the most common myopia of all: we left ourselves -- our own bodies -- out of the equation.

valentinelynx

Wow, that is the most far out thing I've read in a long time! Positively surreal!

I'm not going to try to expend the energy needed to point out why this theory has no roots in reality, quantum or otherwise. It is a work of art, and should be interpreted as such. And, if by framing her view of reality in this way, she found answers for herself, that's cool...

I don't think the mentions of products were meant to be attempts by the poster to commercialize the forum.

Thinking outside of the hypercube!

https://wiki2.org/en/File:Dali_Crucifixion_hypercube.jpg#/media/File:Dali_Crucifixion_hypercube.jpg

ryan31337

I'm glad you're feeling better and appreciate the time it has taken you to formulate and share your ideas.

I don't mean to be dismissive or rude but I think you need to consider Occam's razor here if you want to be taken seriously.

Ryan

Hip

It does not bear any resemblance to a scientific theory, @alethea, but you certainly could get a job writing advertising blurb to sell health products to the New Age community, who love it when concepts are plucked out from science and strung together in the sort of poetic, imaginative, sci-fi manner of your above prose.

pamojja

It is just presented as a theory, and all theories should definitely be allowed. Anyone can always kindly disagree.

By the way, I rather have low iron and my 4 blood gasses tests always came back highly alkaline (~7.48; 7.35 - 7.45 normal range).

Last edited:
Thank you all for the interesting feedback. I know this conceit sounds strange. It'd sound strange to me, too, if I were you. In fact, the only reason it doesn't sound strange to ME is I've been sitting with it for longer.

@valentinelynx I was totally amused by Crucifixion Hypercube (which could also be the name of a really, really bad carnival ride) -- which I had never seen before! Salvador Dali is of course one of our many artists who has presaged the mutability of time.

Attachments

• PersistenceOfMemory.jpeg
    PersistenceOfMemory.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 10
@ryan31337 I'm a huge fan of Occam, and if the essential simplicity here has been obscured, don't blame the ideas; blame me.

Let me try to be more succinct.

We are light. Our speed can never change. As the universe speeds up, time is slowing down.

It can also be expressed as a mathematical equation. E = mc^2 is only one of 3 mass-energy equivalences -- the one that applies to the past.

In the present, E = mc.

@pamojja From the POV of the future, today's iron to manganese ratio will be perceived (by the body) as iron-toxic. My friend Heather with severe ME/CFS has what I believe to be a kind of "phantom" iron toxicity to such a degree that her skin has bronzed.

Similarly, from the POV of the present, the future's iron to manganese ratio will be perceived (by the doctors, the tests, anything that is not the body itself) as iron-deficient. We must consider the POV of who is doing the observing and the measuring.

The iron to manganese ratio of time itself is constantly shifting toward manganese as we move outward from the center of gravity. Time is changing. Einstein's first job in that Berlin patent office was actually trying to figure out how to calibrate train schedules. He was, in a sense, already wrestling with time variability.

My symptoms got SO MUCH WORSE after a six-hour cross-country flight. Why? Because I had moved backward in time. My body (unbeknownst me me) was full of oxalate. Oxalate that should have been light. I was so acidic that sharp pains were zinging through my body like electricity.

Iron toxicity or iron deficiency have implications for the body's rate of metabolism and seem to correlate (in my experience) with either acidosis or alkalosis, respectively.

Hip

@alethea, in scientific terms, you are talking absolute nonsense, I am afraid to say. Top notch craziness. Sorry to be blunt, but it's best to honest.

It's nice to read few layman books about physics concepts, and get enthralled by the ideas involved, as you clearly have. Nothing wrong with that. But science does not work just by just stringing these concepts together in some random fashion that pleases the imagination.

Your right brain imagination has gone off on a tangent of its own, without involving the left brain's logical and grounding discipline. Your right brain has taken a wild ride on some hyperspace highway, but you left your reality-check left brain at the wayside.

I like your right brain imagination, it creates these amazing sci-fi works of art. It's marvelous, and it's so nice that you allow your imagination such free reign. And I am sure you would not be able to write like that without having a deep spiritual sense. But unfortunately it's not science, which is a disciplined process that follows rules and methods.

Last edited:

pamojja

My symptoms got SO MUCH WORSE after a six-hour cross-country flight. Why? Because I had moved backward in time.

For me it doesn't make a different if forward or backward. The PEM afterwards is always the same, given the same exertion in carrying bags and standing/walking/sitting for hours.

Learner1

Agreed. Or too much beta-carotene? My serum feritin was over 600 and iron saturation almost 80% due to hemochromatosis (genetic iron overload), but my skin was normal in color.

I think there is something to this manganese and iron ratio. I've been repeatedly depleted in manganese which can be a problem in making SOD2 to defang the superoxide radicals my complex II is churning out.

This article discusses manganese, iron and oxidative stress...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3340200/

The redox-active metal manganese plays a key role in cellular adaptation to oxidative stress. As a cofactor for manganese superoxide dismutase or through formation of non-proteinaceous manganese antioxidants, this metal can combat oxidative damage without deleterious side effects of Fenton chemistry.

In either case, the antioxidant properties of manganese are vulnerable to iron. Cellular pools of iron can outcompete manganese for binding to manganese superoxide dismutase, and through Fenton chemistry, iron may counteract the benefits of non-proteinaceous manganese antioxidants.

Manganese appears to be the ideal metal for oxidative stress protection. Whether manganese is acting as a cofactor for SOD or as a non-proteinaceous manganese-antioxidant, the metal is at battle with iron. On a per mole basis, cellular iron is often in vast excess over cellular manganese and can readily compete with manganese for binding to Mn-SOD enzymes.

TenuousGrip

Ah, it would be helpful if he said that.

Clearing up ambiguity is definitely an art .... but ... in general ... in forum/newsgroup convention ... unless you quote somebody else, you're generally presumed to be responding to the original post.

[changing topic and no longer addressing you, @Learner1 ]

While nothing the OP wrote here resonates (no pun intended ?) with me ... I wasn't even the slightest bit inclined to insult her.

Hint ... hint ... hint .....