• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have a copy of Gupta or DNRS they'ed like to sell?

Hello

Although much maligned ;) I'd like to give Gupta or Dynamic Neural Retraining System a go. Does anyone have a used copy of the DVD set they would lie to sell?

Thanks!

slysaint

Hello

Although much maligned ;) I'd like to give Gupta or Dynamic Neural Retraining System a go. Does anyone have a used copy of the DVD set they would lie to sell?

Thanks!
http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cf...s-amygdala-retraining-program-by-tamara-lewis
You can get a free DVD of the first 3 sessions if you go to his website; else try Youtube. I got the free DVD years ago(on the advice of a friend)............I found Gupta incredibly annoying quite quickly and just couldn't relate to anything he was saying.

trishrhymes

I bought this a few years ago. Tried to do the routine of standing on a printed diagram and stepping along the stages and repeating stuff as per the DVD.

I gave up pretty quickly when I found my legs wanting to give way from standing for too long and my mind rebelling at the nonsense I was supposed to be spouting.

Policing ones thoughts to correct negative thinking only makes me more likely to keep coming back to the negative thinking... Garbage of the same ilk as the Lightning Process , and the distorted version of CBT used by PACE etc.

If you think you can 'think yourself well' by all means try it, but I'd suggest you don't waste your time and precious limited energy.

I'm not going to pass on my copy to anyone, because I think it's unhealthy. Thanks for reminding me to bin it!

Of course I wish you well if you do decide to go ahead.

Last edited:
http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cf...s-amygdala-retraining-program-by-tamara-lewis
You can get a free DVD of the first 3 sessions if you go to his website; else try Youtube. I got the free DVD years ago(on the advice of a friend)............I found Gupta incredibly annoying quite quickly and just couldn't relate to anything he was saying.
Hi. A good place for support and also the possibility of buying (or being gifted) a used copy of either brain retraining program, is Planet Thrive website. It is a very positive, uplifting site!

I wish you the best. Onward and upward!

p.s. I have the program guide from the Optimum Health Institute in London that I can send you for free if you msg me. Annie Hopper's book (Wired Healing) is easy to read and very inspiring. There is a youtube video of her presenting the science of limbic system disorders to a medical board.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I recommend the eBook "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" by Loz Evans.

http://arationalapproach.com/

A simple, straightforward approach to amygdala retraining - in the same vein as Gupta, etc., but not-for-profit and available by donation.

I found my case of ME/CFS/SEID was caused a devastating combination of physical illness / imbalances and PTSD from psychological trauma. This book highly emphasizes the PTSD & anxiety part. It may not be entirely true but it's a refreshing and hopeful perspective. It helped me.

Hutan

It may not be entirely true but it's a refreshing and hopeful perspective.
Actually this kind of stuff is harmful - encouraging family, friends and doctors to assume the illness is all in our minds and so delaying proper research.

The woman who authored 'A rational approach' :)rofl:) at least seems well meaning.

I suffered from M.E. for about one year during which I experienced the regular debilitating symptoms for prolonged periods of time. I’m sure my illness would have continued for much longer had I not managed and resolved it in the way I did.

My M.E. didn’t just go away by itself. There are certain methods that I used and developed to make it go away. By focusing on amygdala re-education, positive emotional re-focusing and relaxation techniques, I made a full recovery.

But just how does she know that her 'illness would have continued for much longer had <she> not managed and resolved it in the way <she> did'? Trial size of one, no control. The Dubbo study found that many cases of post infectious fatigue illness resolved within a year and I'm sure that those who recovered weren't all re-educating their amygdalas.

CFSTheBear

Yes. Many people claimed that they are cured. I don't know it's true or fake. Search health recovery channel on YouTube .This guy say he is cured by using brain retraining.

Tbh that guy comes across as very evangelical and completely unable to believe that not everyone can just recover themselves. His channel seems very dubious.

o_O Maybe she could give Ron Davis a call and save him and others a lot of work.

But I agree, that she is probably well-meaning, just mixing up ME and chronic fatigue.

ME CFS is a physical condition, probably affecting the methylation cycle and the Macrophage maturation in the immune system. Is there secondary depression in the condition..... yes, but it does not cause the problem.
CBT and these other methods are portrayed to "cure the imagined problem". What an insensitive negative approach.

Ema

I know several people who have done very well with brain retraining. There are groups on FB for people participating in the programs. That might also be a good place to ask around for a used copy as well.

If you go to the website at (-ttps://www.guptaprogramme.com/) it looks like silly nonsense (to me) at least that's what first strikes me is too many people looking blithely nonchalant about how trivial is the stuff of life really (and if this DVD was worth buying I would have thought they'd already have uploaded it to YouTube and have given it away for free so that everyone can be cured). Now don't get me wrong if you want to get into this I'm not stopping you I'll give you the advice you need (for free) and help you to recover from your "CFS also known as M.E." and just advise you go to YouTube and type in something like "Amygdala brain retraining" or "Dynamic Neural Retraining System" and you can get started!

Last edited by a moderator:

tango

I recommend the eBook "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" by Loz Evans.

http://arationalapproach.com/

A simple, straightforward approach to amygdala retraining - in the same vein as Gupta, etc., but not-for-profit and available by donation.
I have the "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" book and I like it but it seems the author is no longer responding to emails. Does anyone have the ‘Reclaim Yourself’ mp3 that accompanies the book? I would love to access the mp3. Can anyone share it?
Thanks!

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I no longer recommend this book, I think it means well but has some faulty advice.

The STOP techniques it embraces actually make my anxiety worse./

A much better book on amyglada calming is the DARE Method by Barry Mcdonagh - a very simple technique and easy read.

life changing!

tango

I no longer recommend this book, I think it means well but has some faulty advice.

The STOP techniques it embraces actually make my anxiety worse./

A much better book on amyglada calming is the DARE Method by Barry Mcdonagh - a very simple technique and easy read.

life changing!
Thanks, I will check that out but so far I really love the eBook "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery" by Loz Evans. It's helping me a lot and dovetails into all the other things I have been learning.

@Sherpa or @tango
Can you pm me. I've been trying to get the book "A Rational Approach to ME/CFS Recovery".
Wanted to donate to access the book but the author has not been replying to emails.