• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone taken LSD or MDMA while having ME/CFS?

Does anyone know if these drugs have interactions with valganciclovir (Valcyte), low dose naltrexone, or midodrine? Or, does anyone know if there are resources where I can find this out?

Please don't tell me to not do it. I am aware that these can both cause crashes. I'm looking for information on whether or not it's safe given the other drugs that ME/CFS patients have to take.

I know LSD and MDMA are relatively safe for a healthy person if used in moderation. The other drugs relevant are levothyroxine and liothyronine, hydrocortisol, but these are drugs the body produces naturally so they shouldn't have an impact.

I took some MD a few weekends ago - the first time since my diagnosis and possibly the first time since my first symptoms in 2012.

I had asked a friend of a friend to source some precisely because I wanted to know how the experience would be now that I consider myself ill. It wa sa good experience and as I remembered from infrequent use around 8/9 years ago. I slept only 2/3 hours but the following day felt ok. In fact as many here can probably relate, sometimes having very little sleep can have a drastic positive affect on symptoms; I've noticed this on several occasions. It was nice to wake up feeling still a little high and without the horrible groggy feeling and pain I get most mornings. Of course, the lack of sleep comes back to haunt you, but really I would say give it a go.

hmnr asg

Sorry this doesnt answer your question but its a little related.
I had a ketamine infusion which was pretty dramatic and gave me a serious trip. It made me completely forget i had CFS for two days but then it all came back.
Also i spoke to a person on reddit/cfs who told me he tried psilocybin mushrooms and it just made him a little worse at the typical dose. He now does microdosing which he says has helped his mood but no effect on CFS.

H

Sorry this doesnt answer your question but its a little related.
I had a ketamine infusion which was pretty dramatic and gave me a serious trip. It made me completely forget i had CFS for two days but then it all came back.
Also i spoke to a person on reddit/cfs who told me he tried psilocybin mushrooms and it just made him a little worse at the typical dose. He now does microdosing which he says has helped his mood but no effect on CFS.

H

woah, that's really cool. thanks for your advice. do you mind if i ask what you were getting a ketamine infusion for? was this for medical reasons? if not, how did you get it?

@InitialConditions, thank you. are you taking any of the above medications? i am worried about how either of them might interact with valcyte/midodrine.

woah, that's really cool. thanks for your advice. do you mind if i ask what you were getting a ketamine infusion for? was this for medical reasons? if not, how did you get it?

@InitialConditions, thank you. are you taking any of the above medications? i am worried about how either of them might interact with valcyte/midodrine.

no - i'm on no medication, so I wouldn't know about interactions.