• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New gcmaf or something else ?

patient.journey

I was searching for new gcmaf source expect the Japanese material because as I read it's from human blood and I came into a new website with a new product which they say it's a new version of gcmaf !

I want your opinion if some one heard or tried it and what do you think of it ?

https://www.cytoinnovations.com/

Cytoinnovations' products are revolutionary formulas specifically engineered to fortify your body's trillions of cells, more specifically the cells of your immune system.

Cytonic - Cyto (cell) + Tonic (elixir). Cytonics are powerful, natural health products containing Vitamin D Transport Protein (VDTP).

We consume proteins everyday - they help to keep us strong & healthy. Cytonic products contain the specific proteins required to feed our immune cells.

There are 482 proteins on the vitamin D transport protein chain and each activates a specific type of cell in our body. Feeding our immune cells is one very important function of VDTP, another major function is the transport of vitamins & fatty acids to build and repair cells as well as removing toxins from the body. This vital function earns the name 'transport protein'

Hip

natural health products containing Vitamin D Transport Protein

The vitamin D transport protein in the Cytonic product also goes by the names of:
  • Vitamin D binding protein
  • Gc-globulin
  • Gc protein

I am going to refer to it as Gc protein.

Gc protein appears to be the precursor to GcMAF, and from what I can make out, administering Gc protein may work in a similar way to administering GcMAF, in that in both cases, I think it results in increased macrophage activation.

The way I understand GcMAF works is like this: it begins with nagalase, which is made by cancer cells and by certain viruses, including EBV.

Nagalase deactivates Gc protein (by deglycosylation) such that this protein can no longer be converted into MAF (macrophage activating factor), and without MAF you get immunosuppression, as macrophages cannot be activated.

But by administering GcMAF to a patient, you bypass nagalase's inhibition of Gc protein, as the GcMAF can directly activate macrophages.

In a similar way, by administering this Cytonic Gc protein product, you will create a flood of Gc protein in the body, and although a percentage the Gc protein will still be deactivated by nagalase, I am guessing some of it will escape the effects of nagalase, and get converted into MAF, which will then activate macrophages and fight infection.

So I think that with both GcMAF and Gc protein, you will achieve the end result of activating macrophages to fight infection.

Just how Gc protein compares to regular GcMAF in terms of efficacy, I am not sure.

Looks like the Cytonic Gc protein product is also for sale here at (the overpriced) bravoprobiotic.co.uk.

Last edited:

patient.journey

The vitamin D transport protein in the Cytonic product also goes by the names of: vitamin D binding protein, Gc-globulin and Gc protein. I am going to refer to it as Gc protein.

Gc protein appears to be the precursor to GcMAF, and from what I can make out, I believe that administering Gc protein may work in a similar way to administering GcMAF, in that in both cases it results in increased macrophage activation.

The way I understand GcMAF works is like this: it begins with nagalase, which is made by cancer cells and by certain viruses (including EBV).

Nagalase deactivates Gc protein (by deglycosylation) such that this protein can no longer be converted into MAF (macrophage activating factor), and without MAF you get immunosuppression, as macrophages cannot be activated.

But by administering GcMAF to a patient, you bypass nagalase's inhibition of Gc protein, as the GcMAF can directly activate macrophages.

In a similar way, by administering this Cytonic Gc protein product, you will create a flood of Gc protein in the body, and although a percentage the Gc protein will still be deactivated by nagalase, some of it will escape the effects of nagalase, and get converted into MAF, which in turn will activate macrophages and fight infection.

So I think that with both GcMAF and Gc protein, you will achieve the end result of activating macrophages to fight infection.

Just how Gc protein compares to regular GcMAF in terms of efficacy, I am not sure.

Looks like the Cytonic Gc protein product is also for sale here at (the overpriced) bravoprobiotic.co.uk.
What a great replay
Regards

patient.journey

I sent them an email and here is the question and the answer @Hip @Sushi

"1)what the difference between your product and gcmaf ?
2) what is your product ingredients and does it have any human
components or not ?
I will be waiting the response as soon as possible so I can place my order !"

The answer :

"Dear Omar,

Thank you for your email and interest in our products.

Our products contain the precursor to GcMAF but serves to activate other immune cells as well. GcMAF will only activate Macrophages. So the protein is the same but extracted from Bovine Colostrum.

We do undertake all the necessary steps during production to confirm activity and sterility but we also follow up with research initiatives looking at the effects of this product with autism. And we are please with the results:

https://mafandmore.com/feedbacks/latest

https://mafandmore.com/profiles/atecbyproduct

I hope this help but please feel welcome to contact us if you have any further questions or comments

With very best regards"

Can I know what do you guys think ?

Hip

Cytonic seems like an interesting product, though I could not find any reviews of it for ME/CFS, so it's hard to say whether it works like GcMAF or not.

If I were trying GcMAF for the first time, I'd probably just stick with a standard, tried and tested GcMAF product.

But for someone who has tried GcMAF and gets benefits from it, it would be interesting to see if the Cytonic produces similar results.

I have yet to try GcMAF myself, and will be trying it at some point. I may use the inexpensive GcMAF creams available here.

And the GOleic GcMAF available here interests me, as this put one severe bedbound ME/CFS patient into complete remission.

patient.journey

Cytonic seems like an interesting product, though I could not find any reviews of it for ME/CFS, so it's hard to say whether it works like GcMAF or not.

If I were trying GcMAF for the first time, I'd probably just stick with a standard, tried and tested GcMAF product.

But for someone who has tried GcMAF and gets benefits from it, it would be interesting to see if the Cytonic produces similar results.

I have yet to try GcMAF myself, and will be trying it at some point. I may use the inexpensive GcMAF creams available here.

And the GOleic GcMAF available here interests me, as this put one severe bedbound ME/CFS patient into complete remission.

Dear hip

I did read that the cream product is not working for the most people !

About goleic gmaf or the Japanese product , it's not well understood if there is any human components in the material they are providing or is it natural and as I see my case of CFS developed after an unknown infection which It's still contagious, I can't take such thing easily and put my self in a risk of getting something else maybe .

From what They wrote about Cytonik , does is it seem to be natural or not ?

Regards

Hip

Yes, I read the issue of human derived GcMAF, but since there is not much choice in GcMAF suppliers these days, I might just take the risk. I don't know how Cytonic is manufactured.

I did read that the cream product is not working for the most people !

I did not know that.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I would have to try it to know what I thought. It being a precursor to GcMAF doesn't make sense to me as that "extra step" needs to be taken for GcMAF to activate macrophages as I remember.
Bovine Colostrum.
I'd want to know more about how they screen bovine products.
The cream did not work for me.
Yes, I read the issue of human derived GcMAF, but since there is not much choice in GcMAF suppliers these days, I might just take the risk. I don't know how Cytonic is manufactured.
What human derived GcMAF supplier do you know of? I have not found any since the main sources stopped supplying.

patient.journey

T
There is also the colostrum MAF oral product which is reasonably priced, available at gcmaf.co.jp and www.naturalregenesis.net . I don't know how this compares to other GcMAF products.

The problem with those company that they are small and we can't be sure how much safety and clean are those products !

Is there any company of this which you provide had any success with cfs patients we know ?

Thanks again

patient.journey

I would have to try it to know what I thought. It being a precursor to GcMAF doesn't make sense to me as that "extra step" needs to be taken for GcMAF to activate macrophages as I remember.
I'd want to know more about how they screen bovine products.
The cream did not work for me.
What human derived GcMAF supplier do you know of? I have not found any since the main sources stopped supplying.

Most of the probiotics which come under naturally category does have the Colostrum element so what type of screening should I ask about ?

Did any one tried the Japanese source ?

As I read the main source which was closed wasn't safe either !

Hip

I am hazy on the details, but I vaguely remember reading something about Asian or Japanese GcMAF being derived from the blood of animals or humans, and that this might involve some risk (presumably of transfer of infection).

It says here that:
The Japanese company Saisei Mirai offer “Second Generation GcMAF.” Its not GcMAF, its serum, blood with only the red blood cells removed. Somewhat risky to inject in our opinion, and their research papers don’t seem to show good results.

Sushi

It says here that:
The Japanese company Saisei Mirai offer “Second Generation GcMAF.” Its not GcMAF, its serum, blood with only the red blood cells removed. Somewhat risky to inject in our opinion, and their research papers don’t seem to show good results.
Also, they don't guarantee the concentration--in fact it is a very wide range and knowing that I am very sensitive to GcMAF I need to have a guaranteed dose.

patient.journey

@Sushi

as u used to use gcmaf , did you consider bravo gcmaf or the probiotics which multiple companies are selling with yogurt or with out ?

A you tube page show a home made gcmaf yogurt ? Does that consider to be gcmaf ? And could it lead to any benefit if some one did try it !

Sushi

as u used to use gcmaf , did you consider bravo gcmaf or the probiotics which multiple companies are selling with yogurt or with out ?
I never tried any of the yogurts as patients reported that they affected them differently from the injected form and the injected form was so helpful for me. Plus, the expense of Bravo etc.

Hip

Would you happen to know if this version is injectable and or safe? Also I can’t seem to find the cost on the site.

They say in the website it comes in a dropper bottle for sublingual use, or that it can be used in a nebulizer.

As for safety and quality, @carlystar13 said here that she heard the Asian GOleic is not as good as the Immuno Biotech GOleic source in the UK she used herself (that was the GOleic that put her into permanent remission), but unfortunately that source has now disappeared.