• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

The only thing that makes me feel normal and without the Nerve/Full Body pain is 10/325 Hydrocodones.

Now I guess no one wants to prescribe them anymore. I just went to a new Pain Management Clinic yesterday and all they did was give me Lyrica, which I admit am scared as hell to try because of the horror stories and side effects.

Anyway, I told him the Hydrocodones are literally the only thing that give me relief, and he says on his computer, as he has the CFS/Fibromyalgua tabs open that Pain Killers are not prescribed for Fibr/CFS and that its addictive.

Well my 2 options are be in full body Nerve Pain/Tired/Feeling like absolute crap where all I can do is in lay in bed and I'm lucky if I can even do 1-2 hours of anything (house work, cook, dishes, etc) or if I take my Pain Killers I am actually able to make it through at least 5-6 hours of being able to feel like my normal healthy self and actually get things done.

In fact, if I can stay on pain killers, I am considering trying to get a part time job and work that way. But these people, these Docs simply have zero clue, no empathy, no understanding what we go through.

Anyone here have success in getting your doctors or pain clinic to be able to prescribe you pain killers?

Hip

I know one prescription-free overseas pharmacy that sells opioid pain medications: www.tramadolandfioricet.net which is reviewed here. If you join pharmacyreviewer.co and build up to I believe it is 60 posts, they give you access to a private area of the forum where they discuss pharmacies that sell controlled drugs like pain meds.

Have you ever tried benfotiamine 300 mg for muscle and nerve pain? There's some good reports online. It's a cheap supplement.

Wayne

The only thing that makes me feel normal and without the Nerve/Full Body pain is 10/325 Hydrocodones.

Hi @beatsmyth,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Have you by any chance considered drinking POPPY SEED TEA? I'm one of those people with CFS who gets improvements with opioid medications. I normally restrict my usage to a couple times a week, and only take 1/4 tablet of Tylenol 4 at a time (which is about 15 mg codeine).

I recently discovered poppy seed tea has a gentle sedating and pain alleviating effect on me. A normal cup of tea amount may not be strong enough for you, but perhaps making a concentrated tea mght, as it contains codeine, morphine, and other substances in moderate amounts. -- Best, Wayne

panckage

Tramadol worked great for me, it just wasn't a long term solution. Kratom however seems to a great long term solution. Similar effects but I can take it 2 out of every 3 days without any tolerance/withdrawal or any other known negative effects

invisiblejungle

Now I guess no one wants to prescribe them anymore. I just went to a new Pain Management Clinic yesterday and all they did was give me Lyrica, which I admit am scared as hell to try because of the horror stories and side effects.

Anyway, I told him the Hydrocodones are literally the only thing that give me relief, and he says on his computer, as he has the CFS/Fibromyalgua tabs open that Pain Killers are not prescribed for Fibr/CFS and that its addictive.

Well my 2 options are be in full body Nerve Pain/Tired/Feeling like absolute crap where all I can do is in lay in bed and I'm lucky if I can even do 1-2 hours of anything (house work, cook, dishes, etc) or if I take my Pain Killers I am actually able to make it through at least 5-6 hours of being able to feel like my normal healthy self and actually get things done.

In fact, if I can stay on pain killers, I am considering trying to get a part time job and work that way. But these people, these Docs simply have zero clue, no empathy, no understanding what we go through.

Anyone here have success in getting your doctors or pain clinic to be able to prescribe you pain killers?

Hydrocodone is one of my "emergency" meds that I take when I absolutely need to get something done. (like take a shower lol)

Unfortunately, with the crackdown on opiates, it will be very difficult to get a prescription "just" for ME/CFS. It's a huge issue for legitimate pain patients. I know veterans with serious injuries from overseas combat who can't get opiates.

Lyrica is a weird med. It's worth trying, but it's definitely nothing like opiates. You could try it just so you can tell the pain clinic that you tried it. Over time they might be more willing to prescribe hydrocodone.

As @Hip said, there are ways of getting opiates without a prescription. I'm a senior member of the forum Hip mentioned, so I can vouch for that.

Hope you can figure something out...

frozenborderline

Hi @beatsmyth,​
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Have you by any chance considered drinking POPPY SEED TEA? I'm one of those people with CFS who gets improvements with opioid medications. I normally restrict my usage to a couple times a week, and only take 1/4 tablet of Tylenol 4 at a time (which is about 15 mg codeine).​
I recently discovered poppy seed tea has a gentle sedating and pain alleviating effect on me. A normal cup of tea amount may not be strong enough for you, but perhaps making a concentrated tea mght, as it contains codeine, morphine, and other substances in moderate amounts. -- Best, Wayne
Wayne What is your poppy seed preferred brand? I am curious but I also want to offer caution. Poppy seed tea is basically opium tea. The problem is that the alkaloids vary so much in seeds that it can be hard to predict the dose from volume. Apparently poppy pod tea is easier to dose right but poppy pods are no longer sold on eBay unfortunately.

Wayne

Wayne What is your poppy seed preferred brand?
@debored13 -- I just buy it in bulk at the local CO-OP (where they keep it refrigerated). BTW, I've been meaning to mention I recently started experimenting with Sodium Thiosulfate, and have a feeling you might find it interesting. Here's a LINK to a thread on Longecity which I found quite interesting. If you check it out, you might be as surprised as me to see who replied there. -- I'm currently noticing a little better energy and sense of well being from doing it, but it may be marginally disrupting my sleep.

but it may be marginally disrupting my sleep.
@Wayne do you have a brand or version that you recommend for those of us without access to a CO-OP? Also at what amount do you make your tea?

Also I am a longecity regular and actually use many supplements I learned about from there to have some regularity and energy/help with my CFS: vinpocetine, l-theanine, intellect tree seeds, oregano and thyme oil to fight off mycoplasma, DIY Liposomal Vitmamin C + Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in water all help me tremendously along with Iodoral (with Selenium and Vit C). I am still experimenting with these and other supps to see if I can increase my amount of energy and health and so far am better than I have been in 20 years. Also do Tai Chi/Qi Gong breathing which really helps.

I have tested for Mycoplasma and this is what enters into and attacks the myelin which covers the nerves. If you can take supplements and oils which attacks and kills off the mycoplasma, then you will find you have less nerve pain and tiredness, and also in my research I have found 4-5 supps that are supposed to rebuild the Myelin and help you recover this nerve covering, but I am not there yet. Currently have doing a 15 month therapy (am on month 2) to kell off the mycoplasma which is I believe/intuit/ and tested pos for, the heart of my CFS issues

Sodium Thiosulfate did nothing for me and caused me a lot of pain even at small doses, grain of rice sizes

belize44

I am fortunate to have found a pain management doc who prescribes the medications that I need in order to function. This was after two years of being humiliated, disbelieved, and targeted by a large healthcare network in my area. For awhile, I thought I might have to leave the country in order to be treated like a decent human being! ;). But because of another long standing, unaddressed health problem, I was finally able to get the medications that I needed. Having said that, I wonder what people did before health care, the opioid crisis, and the government? I remember reading a children's book where someone was ill, and a village woman administered "poppy syrup" that she had made herself. Wouldn't that be awesome to make your own meds? But I don't see that happening any time soon.:(

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
PEA (Palmitoylethanolamide) might be something to look into:
This comment is from https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...-fibromyalgia-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/:
Fantastic News! I have been in extreme pain for about a year (and stuck in bed). There’s been a question as to how much of the pain is CFS related, how much because of degenerative disc disease, and how much might be caused by something like MS. I have been using 3000 mg/day gabapentin and 75 mg/day baclofen (max doses for both). Even then, I was supplementing with small amounts of oxycontin (during the day, especially on days when I got in the shower) or carisoprodol (during the night). I was still having partial seizures (probably not associated with CFS?) related to the neurological symptoms and pain, and other pain related symptoms.

I started to notice a slight but noticeable lessening of pain on about day 6 of emptying the PEA capsule under my tongue. The pain level has continued to decrease!!! Wonderful!!! I haven’t used any more oxycontin and I’ve needed less and less carisoprodol. And PEA works without any “fuzziness”, etc. or a prescription! These over-the-counter things are my favorite! No need to try to convince a doctor that I should try it.

frozenborderline

@Wayne do you have a brand or version that you recommend for those of us without access to a CO-OP? Also at what amount do you make your tea
Nuts.com has four different kinds of seeds. The non organic, non Spanish ones are best I think. Fairly strong. Can get hooked fast I’ve learned. Still cheap and useful for pain though.

knackers323

I know one prescription-free overseas pharmacy that sells opioid pain medications: www.tramadolandfioricet.net which is reviewed here. If you join pharmacyreviewer.co and build up to I believe it is 60 posts, they give you access to a private area of the forum where they discuss pharmacies that sell controlled drugs like pain meds.

Have you ever tried benfotiamine 300 mg for muscle and nerve pain? There's some good reports online. It's a cheap supplement.

Hi @Hip is this web link correct? It's not working for me

Have you gained access to the pharmacy reviewer vip forum?

frozenborderline

@debored13 -- I just buy it in bulk at the local CO-OP (where they keep it refrigerated). BTW, I've been meaning to mention I recently started experimenting with Sodium Thiosulfate, and have a feeling you might find it interesting. Here's a LINK to a thread on Longecity which I found quite interesting. If you check it out, you might be as surprised as me to see who replied there. -- I'm currently noticing a little better energy and sense of well being from doing it, but it may be marginally disrupting my sleep.
i read the thread. so @Hip experimented with sodium thiosulfate as well, and found it lacking in effect, but otherwise safe?

given i skimmed the thread I didn't see any references to safety in literature (very brain fogged rn)

my doctor wants me to take it orally for detoxification of excess iron/copper. wonder if it may only work for pepole with copper or iron overload.

Hip

@Hip experimented with sodium thiosulfate as well, and found it lacking in effect, but otherwise safe?

I use sodium thiosulfate to neutralize the chloramine that my local tap water supplier places in the water, along with chlorine. Chloramine irritates the intestines, and I found my IBS improved once I removed chloramine. I posted a thread here.

frozenborderline

I use sodium thiosulfate to neutralize the chloramine that my local tap water supplier places in the water, along with chlorine. Chloramine irritates the intestines, and I found my IBS improved once I removed chloramine. I posted a thread here.
i was referring to using it orally for cognition improvement, from the longecity thread awhile ago.

frozenborderline

I don't remember doing that, but I've tried so many things it is hard to keep track of them!

heres the quote:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:30 AM
Over the last few weeks I have been experimenting with daily doses of sodium thiosulfate ranging from 30 mg to 100 mg. I found no major benefits, apart from a slight reduction in my sinusitis, but no other benefits, nor side effects either, at these dose levels.

Just to put this in perspective: the 30 mg dose I took is around 5400 times larger than the 5.6 mcg dose taken by golgi, and 15 times larger than the 2 mg dose taken by adamh.

Given that I took 5400 times more sodium thiosulfate than golgi, and still experienced little effect, to me it seems like golgi's experiences were probably a placebo effect. That of course is nothing to be ashamed of: placebo is a real effect.

frozenborderline

i just signed up for this pharmacyreviewer site and am going to sign up for longecity as well

there is a clearnet site with opioid painkillers and benzos (i know sounds incredibly suspicious) that got good reviews from some people who i knew (not just random online reviewers) and i'd like to see what the people on pharmacy reviewer think of it.

Hip

i just signed up for this pharmacyreviewer site and am going to sign up for longecity as well

I am a member of pharmacyreviewer.co, but I never built up enough posts to get into the secret members area where they discuss controlled drug pharmacies.