• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Janet Dafoe in hospital

Countrygirl

I have just seen a concerning tweet from Janet to say she is in hospital. :(

Janet, I wish you a very speedy recovery from your surgery and I hope it is totally successful!

All with very best wishes to you and your family!:hug:

Janet Dafoe‏@JanetDafoe
Janet Dafoe Retweeted Janet Dafoe

It went well. They got good margins. Pain not too bad so far. Thank you so much for all your lovely support!

Janet Dafoe added,

Janet Dafoe@JanetDafoe
Here I go! Partial nephrectomy to remove kidney cancer tumor!
8:46 PM - 24 May 2018

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I don't think I've ever seen anybody express such enthusiasm for a partial nephrectomy--what a remarkable lady! Thank goodness the surgery went well. We're all sending good thoughts your way, @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) !
SpeedyRecovery.jpg

Gemini

@Countrygirl, thanks so much for the update on how Janet is doing after her surgery.

She talked about how she was diagnosed at the 2018 #MillionsMissing rally in San Francisco recently. OMF has posted a video of her inspirational talk here:

https://www.omf.ngo/2018/05/18/2018-millionsmissing-san-francisco-video/

East Coast (US) patients send Janet many, many wishes for a speedy recovery!:balloons::balloons::balloons:

Last edited:

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hey guys,

Just to let you know I just spoke to Janet via facetime and she is in recovery, doing ok, and perusing the hospital menu, which looks damn delicious :)

The surgery went well, which is great, though she is in pain but I think is only on Tylenol, the trooper that she is.

Just wanted to update the thread. Thing which gets me is throughout all this, the night before, morning before surgery and after the surgery she has been engaging in her usual advocacy, twitter etc. Wonder woman eh.

B

charityfundraiser

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I just spoke to Janet via facetime and she is in recovery, doing ok, and perusing the hospital menu, which looks damn delicious :)

The surgery went well, which is great, though she is in pain but I think is only on Tylenol, the trooper that she is.

Just wanted to update the thread. Thing which gets me is throughout all this, the night before, morning before surgery and after the surgery she has been engaging in her usual advocacy, twitter etc. Wonder woman eh.

B

The chocolate chip pancakes if they have them. Those were good.
I think the usual advocacy also takes our minds off of having cancer which I find is much more emotionally and mentally difficult than living with severe bedridden ME/CFS.

iwillwin1day

Janet, I wish you a very speedy recovery from your surgery and I hope it is totally successful!

All with very best wishes to you and your family!:hug:

Janet Dafoe‏@JanetDafoe
Janet Dafoe Retweeted Janet Dafoe

It went well. They got good margins. Pain not too bad so far. Thank you so much for all your lovely support!

Janet Dafoe added,

Janet Dafoe@JanetDafoe
Here I go! Partial nephrectomy to remove kidney cancer tumor!
8:46 PM - 24 May 2018
CFS ME people get cancer??? I am hearing it for the first time. I wish for her speedy recovery.