• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

disease symptom blood test treatment results webapp/database?

Create a disease symptom blood tests treatment results webapp/database?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Hello,

what about creating a webapp/database where each user enters his data:
- disease
- symptoms
- blood check-ups/tests
- treatment/drugs
- results of the treatment/drugs

Target:
- find similarities and differences
- answer questions why some therapy helps some and harms others

Is there already a webapp existing with these features?

I know this is all sensitive data and this would be a big project.
And valid data is required... (How to validate?)

Some people get better with IVIG, others with antiviral drugs, others with ...

It would be great to see the differences in these people and maybe help to find the right therapy.

Good/bad idea?

pamojja

Is there already a webapp existing with these features?

The first created by selfhacked.com just came out:

to sign up its 35,- $ for the first 6 months. Though it in its early stage with 101 basic lab tests, they are allegedly working to make it much more comprehensive.

Wishful

The idea is good, if it's done properly. I can see lots of potential for abuse and misapplication, and specifically abuse by the pharmaceutical industry. I also think that anyone who set it up might face legal attacks despite all the 'use at your own risk' disclaimers. A lot of the information might be out there anyway, such as in these forums, but offering it as what appears to be a self-diagnostic tool changes its status. It might require presenting it as a medical statistics database or some such thing, with a clear 'this is not to be used as a diagnostic tool' <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> disclaimer. I'm voting 'maybe' just because good or bad depends on the details.

I found this page. It offers many functions, except blood tests comparition: patientslikeme.com
But we should keep in mind that this is a company and they sell data to make money:
support.patientslikeme.com/hc/en-us/articles/201245750

(I would prefer a non-profit organization.)