• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK's Sick and Disabled being killed by the State........crime without punishment

Countrygirl

https://www.welfareweekly.com/sick-and-disabled-brits-killed-by-the-state-crime-without-punishment/

Sick and disabled Brits killed by the state – crime without punishment
Successive UK Governments have restricted access to vital long-term sickness and disability benefits

cemetary-nottingham-780x405.jpg

October 2018 is the tenth anniversary of the adoption of the Work Capability Assessment (WCA), as used by successive UK governments to restrict access to the out-of-work long-term sickness and disability benefit known as the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

The most radical reform in British welfare policy since the 1942 Beveridge Report was promoted as offering opportunity and releasing the potentialof chronically sick and disabled people. It has been described ever since by politicians and civil servants as “supporting” those in receipt of long-term benefits for chronic illness and disability to return to work, regardless of any clinical diagnosis or prognosis which is completely disregarded by the WCA, rendering the assessment both meaningless and dangerous.

In reality, the adoption of the WCA in October 2008 introduced the greatest government enforced human suffering in the history of social security funding, as chronically ill people who are too ill to work are being, quite literally, killed by the State with an average of 90 people per month dyingafter being refused access to ESA and found “fit for work”.

academic research identified the WCA as being directly linked to an additional five hundred and ninety suicides in a three year period to this imposed ideological tyranny as NHS statistics identified 50% of ESA claimants having attempted suicide.

The latest DWP Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Esther McVey MP, recently gave evidence to the Social Security Committee of the Scottish government, demonstrating that no details of claimant suffering and distress were of interest.

Mo Stewart, Independent Disability Studies Researcher.

SilverbladeTE

Some of my family liberated concentration camps, and killed Nazis
Same crap, again, now, today, in Britain...just the Tories and "New labour" vermin haven't got the balls to fly a swastika or wear twin lightning runes on their collars.

D.W.P. Screwed me out of about FOUR years of welfare, constant harassment bullshit byt hem has left me utterly sicj of it all
without money left by my parents when they died (which is long gone), I'd be dead, too

Guess my thoughts?

Carl

I have noticed how the latest ESA50 now says only to supply medical evidence which you already have and not to seek any evidence which you do not have. That is like going to court without any defence lawyers. You are supposed to know when you are going to receive the ESA50 and get the evidence just before this. That may cost and be out of date when the ESA50 arrives. Utter nonsense IMO. BTW without evidence they will almost certainly find you fit for work!!!

Excerpt from the latest ESA50 which can be downloaded from the gov website BTW. It can be filled in using a pdf reader, I use PDF Xchange which is getting quite old. It does say that FoxIt reader cannot save, they recommend Adobe reader XI. I have saved it using PDF Xchange reader.
About medical or other information you may already have
Things the Health Assessment Advisory Service would like to see, if you already have them –
[list of examples removed to save space]
Remember – only send us copies of medical or other information if you already have them. Don’t ask
or pay for new information or send us original documents
[this appears in bold on the ESA50]. Please write your national insurance number on each piece of information you send to us.

Countless false stories [conveniently leaked] to the media to put pressure on people such as people supposedly going on holiday while receiving benefits when most people cannot even afford to eat or heat their homes.

All so they can reduce the number of people receiving benefits.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/capability-for-work-questionnaire

Last edited:

alex3619

I have called this euthanasia by stealth. I have also likened the UK government to the Syrian one. The UK method is just more covert. Last we had data an extra thirty thousand disabled were dying per year over this. Yet its apparently OK for that to happen if it saves a few pennies.

The numbers given in the first post are most likely those that are verified by other means. Its also about suicide, as opposed to total deaths.

If, and I find this unlikely, half of the claimants have attempted suicide, what is that costing the state?

alkt

I have called this euthanasia by stealth. I have also likened the UK government to the Syrian one. The UK method is just more covert. Last we had data an extra thirty thousand disabled were dying per year over this. Yet its apparently OK for that to happen if it saves a few pennies.

The numbers given in the first post are most likely those that are verified by other means. Its also about suicide, as opposed to total deaths.

If, and I find this unlikely, half of the claimants have attempted suicide, what is that costing the state?
many of the figures or facts in the first post are wrong. I have been through five work capability tests the first was in 1998 . they failed me the first four times . I crashed badly after the 3rd and fourth to much having to go back and forth between the dwp and cab. I still have not recovered any thing from my previous levels. my last w c a was hellish to say the least but I was surprised to receive a letter saying I could keep my support group esa . why they call it a support group I don,t know since they offer no assistance whatsoever guess it makes good reading in the press. and the local contract at least has changed to a company called maximus . I know in 2011 that 14,000 died within three months of being found fit for this mysterious all work .since employers are not inclined to employ people with poor health records. the info regarding the number of deaths had to be fought for through the foi request I have not seen any more up to date figures.

alex3619

My figures are about five years old. As a result of multiple FOI requests they found a solution ... no longer keep or report on the figures. So a current FOI might be met with something like "this data is not held". Unless they changed it, or change it, I doubt we can get current reliable figures.

SilverbladeTE

My figures are about five years old. As a result of multiple FOI requests they found a solution ... no longer keep or report on the figures. So a current FOI might be met with something like "this data is not held". Unless they changed it, or change it, I doubt we can get current reliable figures.

and that PROVES "malice aforethought" by covering it up, which makes it not mere mass murder, but genocide

Last edited by a moderator:

alex3619

PROVES "malice aforethought" by covering it up
More likely to be malice after the fact, but yes, either those in government knew about it, or they failed in their responsibility, and are participating in covering it up. Yet we do not know the full story. By curtailing the collection of data they have made it more difficult to prove things, but the data still exists in distributed form, and could be generated if there were an official investigation.

How likely is it that a government would initiate an investigation about cover-up and genocide, when nearly all of them are implicated at least in principle?

SilverbladeTE

Alex
see the WINDRUSH scandal here in UK?
now it comes out the government and the minister in charge, set *targets* of numbers of people to be deported, regardless of facts or humanity

no, they cannot claim "accessories after the fact", they are instrumental, top to bottom in a system of extreme malignant corruption and abuse
old principle of law is if you engage in a serious criminal act and innocents people are for example, shot,, even if it wasn't your hand on the trigger, you are regarded as an accomplice to murder and so punished for that.

lol saw one of the HUGE hypocrisies of the UK recently, over the Skirpal poisoning case
BBC claimed that the German scientist who worked in the UK after the war, and who invented V and VX nerve gas here at Porton Down, had been engaged in "developing pesticides for industry in Germany"
HORSESHIT!
it's been long exposed and factually known the German "pesticide" research of 1920s/30s was a cover for chemical warfare
just like America let Nazi criminals evade justice, so to did the British, and used the evil sods to make monstrosities...

and it was during the manufacture of those chemical weapons in 1960s, we see what I think is the start of the conspiracy of silence that hit us, for the chemical factory workers came down with illnesses very like M.E., as minute exposure to the nerve agents was FAR worse than officials ever let on, so they used Official Secrets Act to cover it up, prevent treatment etc
and nowadays, similar chemicals are put in our food stuffs and many other areas.
I suspect they are part of the rise of many health complaints, as they are truly savage immune system modulators and disrupt not just the nervous system, but the endocrine system as well
Those chemicals should be banned out of any use bar extremely careful honest research, and all stockpiles destroyed

Last edited by a moderator: