• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metabolomics Study

Jackb23

Hello,

Has anyone one had their own energy metabolism analyzed outside of a study?
I am looking for a way to get my parents on board with possibly having me/cfs. I have presented several studies to them and have even sat down and watched unrest with my mom, but they are still in disbelief. If I could see if several of my metabolism pathways were altered and then show them, I believe this would help them understand immensely.

Thanks,
JB

Last edited:

Learner1

Yes. One key test that has shown a lot of abnormalities for me is the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids and Vitamin D.

It shows Krebs cycle metabolites, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, methylation issues, amino acid deficiencies, and high level gut dysfunction and heavy metal toxicity. You can see a sample test by clicking in the link at the bottom of this page:

https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

Jackb23

Yes. One key test that has shown a lot of abnormalities for me is the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids and Vitamin D.

It shows Krebs cycle metabolites, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, methylation issues, amino acid deficiencies, and high level gut dysfunction and heavy metal toxicity. You can see a sample test by clicking in the link at the bottom of this page:

https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

Thanks!

caledonia

Second on the NutrEval. Mine shows abnormalities in all the areas Learner listed.

Be sure to get the Physician's copy, not just the Patient copy. There is a lot more info to interpret it in the Physician's copy.

Then, this is probably more for just you, but you can get additional interpretation from the NutrEval Interpretation Guide in my signature link.

Learner1

Your doctor has to sign up for the Physicians copy. Its a checkbox on the doctor sign up for that defaults to "no". Ask the doctor's office if they get a 25 page physicians copy of the 6 page patient's copy - it doesn't cost more for more info, so why not? Ask the doctors office to change it in their Genova profile.