• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fainting during tilt test

jpcv

First I had palpitations, lots of extra systoles.
My systolic blood pressure dropped from 130 mmHg to 105 mmHg, but without major complaints, mainly the p\lpitations.
Then , after taking a sl drug to evaluate better my response, my blood pressure plummeted to less than 80 mm, I felt some kind of diziness and fainted.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
has anyone here fainted during a tilt test?
I did !
This test can be a major stressor for some of us. I hope they helped you recover! I didn't faint but my BP went down to 88/80 and I felt like I was about to die.:eek:

alex3619

I went beyond a faint into cardiac arrest. It can happen. Its important to do this test with only very qualified people. I also felt like I was going to die. Next thing I was waking up as the cardiologist was reviving me.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Its important to do this test with only very qualified people.
Thanks alex3619--that really needs to be emphasized. You need to be in a very professional medical setting with highly qualified staff who are capable of resuscitation if necessary in rare instances. Not to scare people but just be sure that all the pieces are in place before going for a TTT.

jpcv

I did the test in a good hospital, known for the quality of its cardiology team.
I didn´t have a bad feeling, just diziness and then I fainted for a short period of time.