• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Pompa

Anyone write the big check and try his cellular detox protocol? I must really be sick if I’m considering writing a 14k check for access to this guy? If I knew it would work I would pay double.
Hope he doesn’t read this...lol

If you run a search here for 'Pompa', there are a couple of interesting things that pop up
i did read a story about his personal life, but hey who am I to judge. If his medical protocol is successful than I’m sure I could get over it.

Anyone write the big check and try his cellular detox protocol? I must really be sick if I’m considering writing a 14k check for access to this guy? If I knew it would work I would pay double.
Hope he doesn’t read this...lol
Hey did you ever go see him? I'm thinking of seeing him. I did his True Cellular Detox protocol and it helped significantly but my doctor doesn't have too much experience with it. I was the first patient she has tried it on, so I wanted to go to him directly to get to 100%. Compared to the Cutler protocol, which I have also done, TCD worked much better for me. Thanks!

So I ended up working with Dr Pompa, I wanted to leave this here in case anyone searches for info in the future. I didn’t find any reviews prior to working with him so I hope this helps someone. Like I said above I partially did his protocol and it helped. I got about 70-80% better and was able to work part time and start planning for grad school. I was a huge fan of his work and I really believed in his story.

When I began working with him I had crashed and felt about 40%. I had to quit my job and was housebound for about 2 months. When we started working together Dr Pompa did not review any of my previous lab work before coming up with a treatment plan, or order new labs. The initial 2 months I started working with him I did see some progress but I went downhill quickly. After two months of the “prep” phase I was on over 20 supplements as well as doing DMSA every 3 hours, in ketosis, and intermittent fasting. After 5 weeks my physical and mental health deteriorated to the point where I told him we had to modify the protocol. He was understanding but then he then pushed me to get cavitation surgery, which I didn’t think my body was ready for but he said might be the missing piece. I had to search and find a surgeon that met his requirements, he didn’t not help with that process at all. I found someone with 30 years of experience and it turned out I had 4 cavitations. I got the surgeries over the course of 2 months and continued to feel worse. When doing the cone beam x ray the oral surgeon noticed I had an infection in my nasal cavity. So Pompa ordered a nasal swab and it was the only lab he ordered and reviewed while we worked together. Pompa then wanted me to find an MD to write a script for a colloidal silver nasal spray for the MARCoNs infection we discovered I had from the swab. I found it ridiculous that I was paying him so much and he didn’t have access to a doctor to write me a script, so I called around and no one would see me just for one appointment for the colloidal silver spray. I had to pay for a consult and onboard as an official patient. So Pompa sent me a website written by a person without a medical degree on how to create the spray myself. After 5 months of working with him I was barely able to walk around the block I was so physically depleted and I was very depressed from being housebound again, but I also didn’t feel like my body was producing enough endorphins. His response was to “keep detoxing.”

To make a long story short I went back to my old Functional Medicine doctor after 6 months of diligently doing everything Pompa said, and all of my lab work was significantly worse. Some of my markers were the worse she had ever seen clinically. I relayed all of this to Dr Pompa. Since he wasn’t listening to me I thought maybe seeing the data would help. It didn’t. He didn’t even review the new lab work himself. He even had me doing parasite cleanses but a recent stool sample showed I still had issues with parasites and he told me to keep doing cleanses and that I just needed to “push through.” But you don’t “push through” hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies and other issues… you address them.

What is the most upsetting to me is that this is all guesswork for him. He admitted that. He doesn’t have a framework and has combined the Cutler Protocol with Systemic Formula’s products and that’s it. Unfortunately he believes his personal experience of being sick and getting well translates into clinical experience, but it doesn’t. We are all unique biochemically and he never took the time to understand what my situation was. I’m sure he has gotten some patients well, but it’s probably luck of the draw. They advertise this program as an educational experience and told me to think of the 14k as “tuition” because I will learn a method to help me stay well for the rest of my life… but there was no “method” to be learned. There was no patient education except for one handout on how to do a partial fast. When I asked him about the lack of patient education he told me there were plenty of resources on his website, which was infuriating because that is free to the public.

So that’s my review. Hoping this helps anyone in the future. Good luck!!! :)