• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Join SMCI on Capitol Hill for ME/CFS Advocacy Day

Emily Taylor

18-Advocacy-Day-car-bar-1200x282.jpg

The Solve ME/CFS Initiative’s second annual ME/CFS Advocacy Day is May 15th in Washington, D.C. This unique event will bring together people with ME/CFS, their loved ones, advocates, scientists, clinicians and caregivers from across the country to share their unique stories with members of congress, and demand action and research funding for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.

Travel to DC is required to participate. SMCI hopes to provide travel awards to assist with transportation costs. Hotel blocks are available. Visit the ME/CFS Advocacy Week page for additional details.

SMCI’s ME/CFS Advocacy Day is a full-day Capitol Hill experience bringing you face-to-face with YOUR members of congress and their staff to talk about ME/CFS. The day will begin at 8:30am with a short welcome briefing, refreshments, and training at our very own “basecamp”, a private room on Capitol Hill, just for our ME/CFS Advocacy Day participants. This “basecamp” will be available throughout the day for advocates to rest, refresh, and regroup between meetings.

· Free to participate – Registration is required. We recommend registering by April 1st.

· SMCI will provide: All needed materials for meetings with Congress, Advocacy Training, scheduling of meetings with YOUR representative and/or senators, a special rest area on Capitol Hill to make the experience as easy as possible.

· No experience necessary – groups will be customized to everyone’s experience level and physical capacity.

· Free Social events, gifts, Unrest screening, and more!

We are powerful when we come together in one voice.

Register today to join us and make your voice heard!

For more information, visit our Advocacy Week webpage.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I did this with the old CAA years ago. It was so exciting to get together with other ME/CFS patients and then hit the Capitol. I'm on the other side of the country but I hope I can make it. I haven't participated in a Millions Missing Action event! Making a difference is fun :)

me-advocacy-schedule-1024x574.png

Emily Taylor

Thanks, Cort! Great to hear you enjoyed the experience, hope to work with you in DC the next time around!

I also just wanted to add that the hotel block information and the Travel Award Assistance Application are both up on the website now.

You can find these details at: https://solvecfs.org/2nd-annual-cfs-advocacy-week/

I did this with the old CAA years ago. It was so exciting to get together with other ME/CFS patients and then hit the Capitol. I'm on the other side of the country but I hope I can make it. I haven't participated in a Millions Missing Action event! Making a difference is fun :)

me-advocacy-schedule-1024x574.png