• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Choline Injection

Peyt

Hi,
I suspect one of the main reasons of my POTS is SIBO(small intestine bacterial overgrowth) which is a form of IBS. This causes poor absorption of vitamins and minerals out of foods that I eat. I first realized about injections when the B-Complex and B-1 shots that I got improved the neuropathy and pain/burning in my feet by 70%.
So using the same analogy, I am looking to try Choline (which should be calming to the heart) and want to know if anyone can recommend an injection form of Choline so the next time I see my doctor I can ask her for a prescription from the compounding pharmacy.
The one I found myself online is this one:
https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drugs/lipo-b-mic-injection.html
But this has inositol in it and I do very badly with inositol, so I am looking to see if there is any Choline that does not have other stuff mixed in it?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Peyt

aquariusgirl

Patients are getting IV phosphatidly choline but it has to be given by a nurse.. they mix it with your blood and so its unlike a b1 injection in that way. also, won't your doc want to see some proof of deficiency ....

Peyt

Patients are getting IV phosphatidly choline but it has to be given by a nurse.. they mix it with your blood and so its unlike a b1 injection in that way. also, won't your doc want to see some proof of deficiency ....
Proof of deficiency? I don't think they can test for Choline deficiency.