• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN & Brain Fog

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I didn't use a lower dose, mine were prescribed at 4.5 mg
But almost every med has the side effect of worsening my anxiety and I'm too reluctant to play around w it

I started at 0.025 mg because I had read about the side effects some people encountered. I wanted to minimize the risk of side effects so I started very low and gradually increased.

LDN is now indispensible for me because it improves my sleep, mood, thinking clarity, and reduces my light and sound sensitivity a little.

Here is some information from other PR member's that I've collected related to relieving anxiety:
Cold water, from Marco on PR:
Cold immersion (even dipping your face in ice cold water) is one technique for improving vagal tone - i.e; to switch the autonomous nervous system from the sympathetic fight and flight mode to the parasympathetic rest and digest.

From triffid113 on PR:
I took care of anxiety so bad I could not function at all in 15 minutes with 50mg DHEA. Nothing else required. And keep it off with a staggered dose of 25mg DHEA later in the day. 75mg total, nothing else.

Thiamin, from dannybex on PR:
[B12 lead to anxiety, then...] Since I had been diagnosed with a thiamine deficiency a couple years before, [the doctor] decided to try thiamine injections -- I believe they were 100mgs. And I swear, within maybe a week or so, I was so relaxed, so 'not-wired', that I felt I could quit my clonazepam cold turkey. It really was remarkable.

Misc supplements, from Hip on PR:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/non-standard-anti-anxiety-treatment.6432/

Eliminating anxiety with three simple supplements, from Hip on PR
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...nxiety-symptoms-with-three-supplements.18369/

Five ways to reduce your "Wired but tired" state, from Hip on PR:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ired-but-tired-hyperaroused-brain-state.44269

Wishful

You're wise to avoid changing too many variables at once. If you try two things at once, not only do you not know which one actually works, but you risk one of them cancelling out or blocking the other that might otherwise have worked.

I am now on 4.5 LDN for about a month. Started at 1.5. I am sleeping 10 or more hours at night, and having intensely vivid dreams. But I am waking up even less rested than when I was getting 4-6 hours of sleep. My fatigue is increased and my brain fog as well. My pain seems to be decreased but I did not suffer from much pain to begin with, or I was able to control it with meditation and PT. I feel overwhelmed with trying to figure out what is what and what is affecting what.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I am now on 4.5 LDN for about a month. Started at 1.5. I am sleeping 10 or more hours at night, and having intensely vivid dreams. But I am waking up even less rested than when I was getting 4-6 hours of sleep. My fatigue is increased and my brain fog as well.
I found that I was better off with about 3 mg of LDN after taking 4.5 for a few months. The higher dose made me groggy during the day. Lowering the dose made a big difference. With LDN it seems that each person has to find their sweet spot.