• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pressure...

Hi everyone!
I still have So much trouble with this.
My body just cant tollerate pressure.
Sleeping three hours and than waking, feeling labored in body and squeezed from the bed pressure on body...and have to sit for 1-2 hours before i can lie down again.
Wearing a tight clothes makes me feel strangled and labored and exhausted.
Sitting on a hard bench or chair puts such a load and pressure on my body that i just have to get of the chair.
If i ignore sitting up in night, after waking with this loaded feeling, it traps up and becomes a very intense strangled squeezed, loaded feeling, like a bomb that is ticking, and i just need to sit up very quickly and feel weak and coldswet and compressed sort of...
The only thing that help is to get rid of whats putting pressure on my body. And it takes half - 2 hours before body has recovered from it. I yawn and get short random shudders involontary that apparantly stimulates my body in some way and makes me feel better..
BUT WHAT IS THIS???
It has been going on for 3 years in periods but latest half year its Every night.
Very strange problem, i know.
Help...

alkt

I had similar symptoms for many years I put it down to overly excited stimulated nerves. imostly wear very loose clothing and a badly beaten worn pair of shoes .these days it is mostly my feat that still have this problem.i am sorry I cannot give you any info that could be more useful but for me it did eventually get better upset for my feet unfortunately.

I had similar symptoms for many years I put it down to overly excited stimulated nerves. imostly wear very loose clothing and a badly beaten worn pair of shoes .these days it is mostly my feat that still have this problem.i am sorry I cannot give you any info that could be more useful but for me it did eventually get better upset for my feet unfortunately.

Hello!
Wow, its is not often someone recognize my intolerans to pressure. Overly excited stimulated nerves you say... Very interesting.
Did you feel it when laying down to?...the pressure on body from the bed? Very big trouble for me!
I fall a sleep nicely, then after 3-4 hours i wake up feeling labored/ loaded in body from the bed. And i have to sit up to recover or ease my body from the pressure.
This feels like a joke to me, i mean it should be the most releaving thing: to lie down!
Comfused.

alkt

Hello!
Wow, its is not often someone recognize my intolerans to pressure. Overly excited stimulated nerves you say... Very interesting.
Did you feel it when laying down to?...the pressure on body from the bed? Very big trouble for me!
I fall a sleep nicely, then after 3-4 hours i wake up feeling labored/ loaded in body from the bed. And i have to sit up to recover or ease my body from the pressure.
This feels like a joke to me, i mean it should be the most releaving thing: to lie down!
Comfused.
I am thinking it is highly probable that many people with m.e and f.m have had or still have these symptoms. I tried some sleeping pills back in the early days and a side effect of those pills were hallucinations not fun when your nerves are telling you the things crawling over your bed are there because of the whole weight pressure thing. good job I was clear minded enough to recognise the hallucinations for what they were. suffice to say my one and only trial with sleeping pills.

I am thinking it is highly probable that many people with m.e and f.m have had or still have these symptoms. I tried some sleeping pills back in the early days and a side effect of those pills were hallucinations not fun when your nerves are telling you the things crawling over your bed are there because of the whole weight pressure thing. good job I was clear minded enough to recognise the hallucinations for what they were. suffice to say my one and only trial with sleeping pills.

Yeah maybe many have it... Have just not found anyone who has write about it or who really understan what i mean.
Wow, seams like terrible hallucinations! Did you take the sleeping pills because of the "pressure- thing" or was the pressure-problem a part of the sleepingpill- hallucination?

alkt

the lack of sleeping and pressure came first. the sleeping pills just weren't helpful so I have not tried any since. like many with m.e my body clock is messed up. day night who cares I have to sleep when my body decides not when I prefer.

Yes i can undestand that. It goes in periods for me but i have extreamly hard to fall asleep daytime. Its like my inner clock is very strong even if i have lack of sleep. If i cant sleep for two night, well then i just have to wait gor the next night...that how my body decides over me...:p
I hope you will sleep good when ever you will sleep:)

But the pressure thing is really weird. Especially when its intense and i wake up have to sit up urgent to releave my body. No pain. No anxiety. Just squashed/ squeezed/ compressed and so labored in body from the bed-pressure on my body...gravity intolerant(?!)
Like the blood cant circulate through the pressed parts of the body when lying.
I get exhausted from pressure. So weird.