• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immunoglobulin brainfog igsc

Is brainfog and fatique the next days after a immunoglobulinshot a good sign to continue?
Ordered 2 bottles to try.
I can order 6 more but i don't feel like it's going to help.
Is it suppose to make you feel worse and then better?
Or am i just teasing my body again for nothing :)
First time 3ml no side effects.
Second time 4 ml and brainfog and couldn't talk very clear.
But if i just stay in my baseline and be very very Mindfull about what can trigger a pem and don't bother with medicines and supplements.
Rest 80% a day i can feel happy all day. Let my mother do the grocery's.
Hope after a year of cfs monk lifestyle i get some improvement.

unicorn7

I’ve just started as well :)
I get one day of slight headache and extreme tiredness right after the gammanorm. I got a leaflet with the gammanorm that said that was a normal side-effect of the drug.
The tiredness is real tiredness (not pem) for me, so I just sleep the whole day.
Next time, I will take it in the evening:)

Yes i know it's normal or die off symtoms.
The Rifaximin was horrible for me. That was a setback.
Don't tolerate antibiotics i learned.
Probably going to try it with lower dose.
It's easier to get pem i notice from wrong medicine setbacks.
Who knows i get lucky this time.

SunMoonsStars

Where do you order IG ?
What are you using ? Sub q?
I’m on ivig and didn’t know you could order it, even sub q.

I order it at seadelear apotheek in belgium. They send it express in a coolingbag.
You have to send the real prescription from the doctor first. Im from holland so it was there the next day.
Not sure if they send to every country.
I used 2ml insulinesyringe's sc.
So 2 shots. 3 if i wanted the 6 ml
Do you have good results with I G?

Last edited:

SunMoonsStars

I order it at seadelear apotheek in belgium. They send it express in a coolingbag.
You have to send the real prescription from the doctor first. Im from holland so it was there the next day.
Not sure if they send to every country.
I used 2ml insulinesyringe's sc.
So 2 shots. 3 if i wanted the 6 ml
Do you have good results with I G?

Oh this is interesting.. So it is by Prescription still. Is it 1G per ML?
I have had huge success with IVIG for the acute situation I got it with viral Meningoenchaplisitis from HHV6 and EBV and CMV and It is controlling the symptoms. I was on 35G a month 1 x a month at first and now 50 G 1 x a month. I would be in horrid shape without it and still working on ways to reduce the viral loads which IVIG does not address and my body has not controlled still while on IVIG. So its more of a control your symptoms with big boost to immunity but behind the scenes the virus is still there.. Just suppressed. It has taken away 75 plus of the symptoms but sometimes in waves or flares I feel them trying to come through.
I could not be without the IVIG no way.! I would end up in the ER I am sure which is what happened at the start of this huge attack and was totally slammed with horrible symptoms acutely that stuck. Its not a typical situation so I am not sure how it would work if I was still just in my old CFIDS situation which was more the typical fatigue and sickness and debilitation of that daily ongoing grind of that.
Hope that makes any sense whatsoever..

Out the top of my head 6 ml is 1 gram. So you need more.
Wauw such a lifesaver for you.
Maybe 10 ml or more every week sc at home saves you money and energy.
On youtube people show how you can do it sc with a pump that slowly delivers and more needles at the same time.
Or a big syringe with butterflyneedles.
Looks very easy.
Did you feel good straight away? Or worse before feeling better?

Last edited:

SunMoonsStars

Out the top of my head 6 ml is 1 gram. So you need more.
Wauw such a lifesaver for you.
Maybe 10 ml or more every week sc at home saves you money and energy.
On youtube people show how you can do it sc with a pump that slowly delivers and more needles at the same time.
Or a big syringe with butterflyneedles.
Looks very easy.
Did you feel good straight away? Or worse before feeling better?
I won’t approach sub q until my viruses titers are down. I need the big boost of IV to help suppress them. I know people who switched and lost the benefit. I felt better right away. Never worse. But took about 6 months to cover all days of the month as it takes time to cummulate to last at a good boost all 30 days which I get it one time a month.

Interresting. Thanks.
I only have side effects no improvement.
Too soon to say maybe if it works but i'm so fed up with those setbacks. Winter is tough enough. I would be better off using completly nothing. Just rest.
Goodluck.