• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LED red intranasal light therapy

Chris

Thanks for this; unfortunately, in my set-up I can read the paper, but cannot print it--but have other means of accessing the whole text. The Default Network is of course what the Neuro is designed to irradiate; I look forward to being able to read the whole paper at leisure. Good find! though there have been other papers describing dysfunctional connectivity in our brains, this one looks very good.

Cheesus

@Chris

I will try to send you the paper directly via PM. I didn't post the whole thing here as sch-hub is a piracy website and I wasn't sure about PR's stance on copyright.

Chris

I have no idea what lysine conjugates are, but I do take some lysine daily with my Vit C on the basis of the Linus Pauling suggestion that the combo is good for the arteries, and because lysine does help keep herpes viruses in check. If you find out more, please post!

cph13

If any of you have updates on your success with the vielight please share (if you have the time).
If you think I should look into another company, please share.

FYI:
This is what I got from my phone calls to Vielight:

I understand a DUAL alpha/gamma is in the works The company will offer a trade-in concession for the trade up. This is not confirmed by upper management. Don't know when it is going to be avail.

Also, Dr. Lim will be @ the Hilton in NYC as a speaker on 2/24/18 https://www.ihsymposium.com/registe...lg4o2neX0POXyeF8kI2UKt1OkMu_4H2BoCibYQAvD_BwE.

This group and its participants have been the most important part of my healing. May G-D Bless you ALL and hold each and everyone of you "IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND".
Happy Healing C

Last edited:

Chris

@cph13--thanks for the update on the possible Dual Alpha/Gamma--I suggested this quite a while ago, and did not get a positive response. I hope they are rethinking... I wish I had a more positive update to share--the last year has been rough for me, quite apart from ME--repeat cardiac surgery a year ago to replace a failed bioprosthetic aortic valve with another one--since I am now about to be 85, this one should see me out, as they say. I continue to use the Vielight 633 and 810, and have been using the Neuro Alpha on an irregular basis since it arrived in the summer, but just don't have clear evidence for its effect as yet--sorry! I think the 633/810 is having a continued mild effect on things like my veins and nasal response to allergens--now I know that spring allergy season has begun by noticing itchy eyes, not a stuffy nose. I will post more if and when I feel I have some clear effects to to report--at the moment I am in a 5 week crash after a few good months towards the end of last year--don't know why!

cph13

@cph13--thanks for the update on the possible Dual Alpha/Gamma--I suggested this quite a while ago, and did not get a positive response. I hope they are rethinking... I wish I had a more positive update to share--the last year has been rough for me, quite apart from ME--repeat cardiac surgery a year ago to replace a failed bioprosthetic aortic valve with another one--since I am now about to be 85, this one should see me out, as they say. I continue to use the Vielight 633 and 810, and have been using the Neuro Alpha on an irregular basis since it arrived in the summer, but just don't have clear evidence for its effect as yet--sorry! I think the 633/810 is having a continued mild effect on things like my veins and nasal response to allergens--now I know that spring allergy season has begun by noticing itchy eyes, not a stuffy nose. I will post more if and when I feel I have some clear effects to to report--at the moment I am in a 5 week crash after a few good months towards the end of last year--don't know why!
I am so, so sorry for your health issues. Yikes, a 2nd heart surgery on top of what you are already dealing with. I can't imagine. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
I can't Thank You enough for responding especially with your issues.
CS @vielight said the dual unit is in production. Thoughts are to price it fairly and perhaps offer a trade in on the units already owned. Nothing is confirmed.
I will update here if I have any firm decisions from corporate.
I was just scouring the net to figure out which unit to purchase.
You and this thread has been very helpful. I really had a good feeling about the product when I saw it was trailed here. PR is my go to; even if I don't post much.
Steve, I wish you all good things.
Happy healing, XO C

raghav

@cph13 I used the alpha for nearly 6 months. Initially it helped with my post lunch fatigue. But after 2-3 months it stopped giving any benefit. I would like to try the gamma. But that depends on the price difference I will have to pay and the shipping cost of sending my alpha unit back to Canada. (It is nearly 300 USD). So I am thinking of taking my alpha to a mobile phone repair shop and try changing the frequency of the unit by hacking it. But if it is a ASIC chip then it cannot be done. Only if the frequency tuner circuit is outside the chip can i do that. Lets see.

Chris

@cph13--thanks for good wishes! and @raghav--I may be wrong, but think that all the circuitry governing the pulse rate is contained in the control unit, so I think-and hope--that one would only have to return the control unit, and maybe not even that if one has proof of purchase direct from Vielight, as I have.

cph13

@cph13--thanks for good wishes! and @raghav--I may be wrong, but think that all the circuitry governing the pulse rate is contained in the control unit, so I think-and hope--that one would only have to return the control unit, and maybe not even that if one has proof of purchase direct from Vielight, as I have.
@Chris you are so welcome. @raghav thank you for the update. Sad to hear it stopped working. I am in a quandry. Looks like i should go for the gamma! It has 4X the power si it's scary..Rag, while you have the window for a trade in, give them a call, inlight of the dual control in production, they may work with you, esp. If you cry a little. Lol. I spoke with Kathleen who was so helpful. I mentioned this group and another group that is doing some bulk purchases. One never knows til one asks. Ok, EVERYONE, enjoy the W/E. Happy healing, XO C

cph13

Thanks @cph13 Will try talking to them.
Good luck! Remember, I referenced this site and the HUGE thread I was following. I spoke to Katherine 3 times in a week. I'm sure she will remember, I kept reiterating the uses of the diff. models, so, I'm sure it was frustrating for her. I doubt she will remember my name but JIC, it's Carol, feel free. There is STRENGTH/POWER in numbers.
Let us know how things go. I'm sure it will work out for you.
Happy healing!

Chris

@cph13--just a quick note--the Gamma does not have 4x the power of the Alpha--it just pulses at 4x the frequency, I think the "Duty Cycle" of both is the same--50%--which means that they are delivering energy 50% of the time--the Gamma in shorter and more frequent pulses.

cph13

@cph13--just a quick note--the Gamma does not have 4x the power of the Alpha--it just pulses at 4x the frequency, I think the "Duty Cycle" of both is the same--50%--which means that they are delivering energy 50% of the time--the Gamma in shorter and more frequent pulses.
Thanks fo the correction/explanation don't get this stuff to well. Shorter more frequent pulse could mean "more agitation to the brain?"
Or producing mitochondria faster?
Steve, I know your having a rough time. It is so kind of you to explain. Happy healing, XO C

Chris

@cph13- The brain normally works at several frequency bands simultaneously--a dominance of one band or another is associated with different states--alert, sleepy, etc. etc. Those bands include both 10 and 40 and a good many others. The discovery that stimulating the brain at 40 Hz seemed particularly good for memory function was partly triggered by a mouse study that showed that an optical flicker at 40 Hz seemed to improve their memory, and it now seems that a light pulse rate at that frequency at that rate is particularly suited to improving Alzheimer's patients. This was showed by a very small study (look up Saltmarche A. on PubMed), and in a while we should get results from a larger study. The 10Hz pulse rate has also showed some ability to improve Alzheimer's and general conditions (it has been used for a few years in the "regular" 810 intranasal). The Intranasal unit of the Neuro is approximately 3 times the power of the independent, "regular" 810, which may have been the source of your notion that the 40Hz Gamma was 4x the power of the Alpha?

cph13

@cph13- The brain normally works at several frequency bands simultaneously--a dominance of one band or another is associated with different states--alert, sleepy, etc. etc. Those bands include both 10 and 40 and a good many others. The discovery that stimulating the brain at 40 Hz seemed particularly good for memory function was partly triggered by a mouse study that showed that an optical flicker at 40 Hz seemed to improve their memory, and it now seems that a light pulse rate at that frequency at that rate is particularly suited to improving Alzheimer's patients. This was showed by a very small study (look up Saltmarche A. on PubMed), and in a while we should get results from a larger study. The 10Hz pulse rate has also showed some ability to improve Alzheimer's and general conditions (it has been used for a few years in the "regular" 810 intranasal). The Intranasal unit of the Neuro is approximately 3 times the power of the independent, "regular" 810, which may have been the source of your notion that the 40Hz Gamma was 4x the power of the Alpha?
Yipes, I GET IT! AMEN. Thank you ever so much.

Have a sun-shinny SUNDAY.
Although rainy here....you just light me up buttercup

cph13

So excited. I ordered the 633 vielight.
@Chris et al The neuro alpha gamma will be ready in less than 6 months.

@raghav how did you make out?
Happy healing

raghav

@cph13 I mailed Lew Lim himself and he is ready to give the neuro gamma control unit for USD 880. That is the final price if I want the gamma. I said no. Anyway I am waiting for the arrival of Nervana VNS unit. Lets see how it goes.