• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which CFS pathogens have symptoms that include sore throat?

Out of the pathogens in the roadmap, which ones cause characteristic symptoms that include chronic sore throat (without other flu-like symptoms)?

I have tested negative for CMV and HHV-6. I should get Echovirus and Coxsackievirus B results next week. In the absence of an obvious infectious agent, I think we can continue searching for a pathogen. Would Parvovirus B19 cause a sore throat? I also have a positive result for EBV VCA-IgM, but we suspect it to be a false positive because retested moths later, other antibodies haven't appeared.

Are there any throat swab tests that could be useful in identifying a pathogen or eliminating pathogens from suspicion?

Did you test bacterial infections?
M pneumonia - IgG "High", IgM negative. Though Dr. Lerner writes that they consiter <300 on Labcorp to be normal.
C Pneumoniae - negative

Lyme most recent test antibodies ELISA was abnormal. western blot was negative, though I haven't seen the bands reported yet.

Attachments

• m nemonae.PNG
    m nemonae.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Wonkmonk

As you referenced Dr Lerner's guide, I assume you are aware he recommends further tests for Anaplasma phagocytophila, Babesia microti and Streptolysin O.

In any case, he recommends treating the bacterial infections before going after herpes virus, so M. pneumoniae and Lyme treatment could be worth looking into.