• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live stream Jan 18th Dr Montoya: An Unfolding Story of Scientific Discoveries and Future Targe

Countrygirl

https://stanfordvideo.stanford.edu/healthlibrary/

Stanford Health Library Webcast
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: An Unfolding Story of Scientific Discoveries and Future Targeted Treatments
Presented by Stanford Health Library

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a complex, multifaceted disorder characterized by extreme fatigue and a host of other symptoms that can worsen after physical or mental activity, but do not improve with rest. This presentation will discuss clinical implications of recent scientific reports that are pinning down the development of this disease. Treatment implications and future avenues for research will also be discussed.

Thursday, January 18, 2018
7:00 pm
Stanford Health Library
Hoover Pavilion, Suite 201
211 Quarry Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94304

the recording of dr. montoya got cut right when he was about to talk about rituximab. what else did he say? did he mention tofacitinib as a treatment option?

halcyon

did he mention tofacitinib as a treatment option?
Yes. He said that when presenting his cytokine data to rheumatologists and asking what they would use to lower them, they mentioned tofacitinib and steroids (which he emphatically said was not the treatment he was recommending.)

Regarding rituximab, he was just relaying that the trial had failed, which did not surprise him given the broad spectrum of immune activation in ME and the limited effect of rituximab.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Will you please post (and tag me:rolleyes:) when you know when, where & how this will be available? Again thanks~~~
I may not be the first to see this, so let's make that a general request--anyone who sees when and how this is available please tag Sancar!

halcyon

Did he say something about viral infections?
Nothing of note really. He did present a case of a women patient of his who had her CFS supposedly start after a varicella outbreak on her face during a hiking trip.