• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#OMFScienceWednesdays -Highlights of the CRC Launch Meeting

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

It’s #OMFScienceWednesday! Today we celebrate the launch of the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Stanford, funded by OMF. The Stanford research team got back to work this week, and met up to plan out the projects that are now possible because of this generous funding.

Several points were discussed at the launch meeting:

1.) Ron Davis welcomed everyone back, and talked about how excited he is for the team to ramp up their research, how much potential he sees in the science especially because of this additional funding, and how grateful he is to OMF for providing it;

2.) Linda Tannenbaum, our CEO/President, reinforcing OMF’s mission to fund research that identifies treatments and a cure, underscoring the urgency for patients;

3.) A major priority is publishing the results the team has generated so far, including the potential diagnostic platform, and the big data studies in severely ill patients and families;

4.) Establishing a biobank of samples where standardized analyses have been performed, that can be shared across all project teams;

5.) Brainstorming on each of the individual projects (T cells and molecular immunology, extended big data study in families, diagnostic and drug screening technology)

6.) Methods for data sharing and open communication with the patient community.

You’ll be hearing regular updates from these project teams in the coming months! Be sure to stay updated by liking our Facebook page if you haven’t already.

To read more about the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Stanford, check out our website: https://www.omf.ngo/collaborative-research-center-stanford/

https://www.facebook.com/OpenMedicineFoundation/posts/1349230005181417

7A88A0BE-D28C-40C3-A7F6-AD4C8FD1C70C.jpeg

Thanks,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH

Last edited: