• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Migraine variant with CFS symptoms

I have migraine variant and it cause like symptoms of CFS / ME and pots

I have :
heat intolerance
Orthostatic intolerance
Exercises intolerance
Hot flashes
Hypotension
Brain fog, confusion
dehydration, can't wear heavy clothes because it trigger hot flashes and hypotension and dehydration and migraine

I take
inderal 10 mg
Imipramine 50 mg
Memantine hydrochloride 20 mg
Piribedil 50 mg
Cinnarizine 50 mg

Is there are any other options for my case because yes I feel better but still have the symptoms despite I don't have dysautonomia nor chronic fatigue syndrome

Thanks

alex3619

How was the migraine variant diagnosed? I probably have ME and I was once diagnosed with a migraine variant. What are the symptoms of the migraine? Have you ever had encephalitis or meningitis, or sepsis? We need to know more. Also, orthostatic intolerance is a form of dysautonomia.

How was the migraine variant diagnosed? I probably have ME and I was once diagnosed with a migraine variant. What are the symptoms of the migraine? Have you ever had encephalitis or meningitis, or sepsis? We need to know more. Also, orthostatic intolerance is a form of dysautonomia.
No I don't a neurosurgery diagnosed me
Actually I don't know if it orthostatic intolerance or not I have hypotension and tachycardia when I climb stairs or do exercises and sit in floor
Yes I have episodes of migraine headaches and half headache, auditory hallucinations sometimes, vomiting the only thing that makes me feel better from headache is ergotamine
Every blood tests and scans were fine except for hypothyroidism and what i mention above is my symptoms, i loss focus and concentration if exposed to sun or heat
My migraine trigger by sun or heat or exercise
I can't go outdoors because it trigger confusion and migraine and fatigue and hypotension

Shoshana

Northern USA
I don't know any answers to your questions.
But I am sorry you are having such difficulties.

We also would not know which other things you could try while taking those meds you take.

Maybe someone has some ideas for you, but it seems to me that you need a different doctor to try to advise you.
We are not doctors and cannot advise, even if we are.

But I do want you to know we do care.

I don't know any answers to your questions.
But I am sorry you are having such difficulties.

We also would not know which other things you could try while taking those meds you take.

Maybe someone has some ideas for you, but it seems to me that you need a different doctor to try to advise you.
We are not doctors and cannot advise, even if we are.

But I do want you to know we do care.
Thanks I'm quite sure the doctor is good as far as I understood this symptoms are incurable
And as for meds I won't take anything without my doctor advice, if there is any suggestion about any meds I will ask the doctor about it, I always do it,searching for researches and treatments and ask the doctor about it, recently I asked him about nimodipine and he said that won't work for me

Last edited:

andyguitar

Have you tried wearing sun glasses when you go outside? Migraine can be a very hard thing to treat and it can take years to get the drugs right. I wonder if you have ever tried plain,simple Asprin? And is there maybe something else that is the trigger?

Have you tried wearing sun glasses when you go outside? Migraine can be a very hard thing to treat and it can take years to get the drugs right. I wonder if you have ever tried plain,simple Asprin? And is there maybe something else that is the trigger?
I wear sunglasses and tanami hat
Asprin is not effective
the triggers are
Heat
Light
Noise
Exercises or going outside
Hot foods and hit drinks