• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equillibrant - How long can I stay on it?

Seven7

Seven
TO all,

I have been prescribed equilibrant and Have been on it for years (5 maybe) I had coaxaquie b2 and I am on 2 pills a day for maintenance, If I stop it my Heart burn comes back and I am very happy on it, but I wonder if it won't kill the good stuff too (and the bad) so I don't want to mess up my gut Flora, Does anybody know how long I can take this safely? should stop and maybe figure out which of all the ingredients make my heart burn ok and isolate that??? Also each box is $50 so would be nice to save some money.

andyguitar

If you have been on it for 5 years surely it would have had a bad effect on gut flora long ago. I cant imagine stopping it now is going to make any difference. If you are worried about it maybe you could try lowering the dose.

Seven7

Seven
Oh yeah one other thing that can help the reflux. Raise the head end of your bed up about 6". Get gravity on your side!!
Yes I do that, I have a hiatal hernia so I struggle with this. When I had bad POTs, I start throwing up and I could not stop the gag reflux so I hive (gag) until I am dry, anyway is what I think happened.

andyguitar

I expect you know that reflux can cause some serious health probs in the long term. Dont want to worry but you need to get on top of this, even if it means taking Meds you are not happy with.