• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2nd January: BBC article on Prince's staff member stricken by ME referes to neuroimmune disease

Countrygirl

This tweet takes you to the following BBC article:

I had it all - now I create a new world in a single room
By Mobeen AzharBBC News
  • 2 January 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42404500

Amazingly the BBC article referes to the NEUORIMMUNE disease, ME: WOW! A bit of accrate reporting from the BBC....................worthy of our PR tweeters deluging the author with our thanks, I think :):thumbsup:

As Prince's art director, Michael Van Huffel became used to working at all times of day or night. But 10 years ago the debilitating neuroimmune condition ME left him barely able to move - since then he has had to find very different ways of making art, within the boundaries of a one-room apartment.

Spring 1983. Prince is about to become the biggest star on the planet, and Michael Van Huffel is a teenager growing up in Warren, Ohio, a decaying industrial town in the American Midwest. He's a student at Catholic school and one day, while at a friend's house watching MTV, his eyes land on Prince.

"It was the Little Red Corvette video and I saw him preening and dancing like some electric animal," he says. "It blew my mind. It genuinely changed the trajectory of my life.

This tweet takes you to the following BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-42404500

Amazingly the BBC article referes to the NEUORIMMUNE disease, ME: WOW! A bit of accrate reporting from the BBC....................worthy of our PR tweeters deluging the author with our thanks, I think :):thumbsup:

The author, Mobeen, is entirely responsible for accurately representing MECFS. He read the Washington Post story about Ron Davis' research (I'm in the big data study), and he is a really highly regarded (and courageous—he's done amazing war-zone reporting) journalist. I got a lot of messages from people in UK expressing the same relief. :)