• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Earth Pulse experiences?

Ema

I realize this is a long shot, but does anyone have an Earth Pulse, or have knowledge of the systems?

Our vet has recommended we use PEMF for Cricket after treatment/surgery for a torn meniscus. I'm trying to figure out what system to buy, in a hurry (which is never ideal), and am feeling quite a lot overwhelmed by it all.

Thanks!

Gingergrrl

I am not familiar with Earth Pulse (or even if this is just a treatment for dogs vs. humans?!) but am wondering if you should put this question in the dog thread, too? Is Cricket having the surgery for sure?

Ema

I am not familiar with Earth Pulse (or even if this is just a treatment for dogs vs. humans?!) but am wondering if you should put this question in the dog thread, too? Is Cricket having the surgery for sure?
Not for sure yet. We have to go to the vet school for a consult and they don’t even have any openings until Feb.

But there’s some reasonable evidence of PRP and stem cells for healing meniscus tears in people and so we are hoping it will work for Cricket too. She will go do that in a week under sedation at our normal vet and then she will rest strictly (ie no Willow, lol!!) for 8 weeks and then we reassess.

PEMF is used in people and in animals especially horses on the track.

From Dr Pawluk’s site: https://www.drpawluk.com/education/...bnXkhJZ04CS7hjN5PRBF97Ewo7yDFtOsaAuiZEALw_wcB

Electromagnetic fields affect the charge of the cell membrane, rebalancing it so that membrane channels can open up. These channels are like the doors and windows of a house – by opening them, oxygen and nutrients are better able to enter the cell, and carbon dioxide and waste are more easily eliminated from the cell. This helps to rebalance and restore optimum cell function.

If you restore and rebalance enough cells, they will all work more efficiently. Cells of the same type come together to make tissues, which come together to make organs. By restoring or maintaining cellular function, you will in turn restore or maintain organ function, allowing the entire body to function better. This is the basis for magnetic field therapy – affecting and improving basic cellular function in order to combat a variety of health conditions and when possible, prevent cellular damage from happening in the first place.

I’m planning to sleep with it under my bed at night and also use it locally, right on Cricket’s knee. Since she sleeps with me, she will get the benefits of both.

keenly

I realize this is a long shot, but does anyone have an Earth Pulse, or have knowledge of the systems?

Our vet has recommended we use PEMF for Cricket after treatment/surgery for a torn meniscus. I'm trying to figure out what system to buy, in a hurry (which is never ideal), and am feeling quite a lot overwhelmed by it all.

Thanks!

Do not bother with PEMF. Ground instead or you could try magnetic mattresses.

xrayspex

Thanks!
Ema how did PEMF work out and did you get any benefit yourself?

Ema

Ema how did PEMF work out and did you get any benefit yourself?
It worked out well for Cricket! She has avoided surgery and no limp, knock wood.

I am better overall in general but I would have a really hard time attributing some percentage of that to EarthPulse (though it is certainly possible it contributed). I still sleep with it on every night and I don't regret buying it.

Sorry I can't be more specific!