• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PIP assessment companies admit ‘unacceptable’ failings on quality of reports Dec 2017

Countrygirl

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.c...-unacceptable-failings-on-quality-of-reports/

PIP assessment companies admit ‘unacceptable’ failings on quality of reports
BY JOHN PRING ON DECEMBER 7, 2017

The two outsourcing companies paid hundreds of millions of pounds to carry out disability benefit assessments have never met contractual quality standards on the reports their staff write for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), they have told MPs.

Capita and Atos began delivering assessments for the new personal independence payment (PIP) – which is gradually replacing working-age disability living allowance – in April 2013, but neither of them have ever met the standards laid down in their contracts for the reports produced by their assessors.

Executives from the two companies (pictured) were giving evidence to MPs on the work and pensions select committee yesterday (Wednesday) as part of its inquiry into disability benefit assessments.

Atos and Capita are set to be paid more than £700 million between them over the first five years of their contracts to assess PIP claimants in England, Scotland and Wales.

But the committee heard that, at one stage, 60 per cent of assessment reports being completed by Capita healthcare professionals and sent to DWP were judged to be of an “unacceptable” standard.

Daisymay

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.c...-unacceptable-failings-on-quality-of-reports/

PIP assessment companies admit ‘unacceptable’ failings on quality of reports
BY JOHN PRING ON DECEMBER 7, 2017

Quote from article:

" Despite these repeated failings, Haley and Freeman said they had never been called in to discuss the problem with successive work and pensions secretaries."

Well that doesn't surprise me.....perhaps the DWP have failed to look into this because the DWP wants as few people as possible receiving PIP and they encourage and expect this shocking level of failure from Capita and Atos to help make this happen and the whole lot of them are in cahoots.

boolybooly

This is a snow job anyway, since the signs were in my assessment that the original report had been doctored by a third party. I cant prove it, but the signs were there due to inconsistency in the report as if one part had been bumped down a notch by someone who didnt bother to check through to another part for conflicting conclusions, as the report contradicted itself i.e. imho a supervisor or manager tweaked the report, which was itself not properly carried out.

If that is going on then the image they are trying to project that this is all due to incompetence is disingenuous there is also target driven prejudice at work.