• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many hours do you sleep?

Banana94

How long/ often do you sleep at night and during the day? How much sleep do you need?
Very interested about your sleep household ;)

Seven7

Seven
DAy to day: 9 to 10h where I feel my best. Is not about time for me but that I wake on my own. It can be only 5min more but if somebody wakes me, I have a horrible day.
When I crash I can sleep as long as 16 to 18h. Again is about me waking by myself the trick.

Dechi

At night, during an insomnia phase, 3-5 hours. If not, about 6-8 hours. Naps during the day can be between 0-4 hours.

Diwi9

Administrator
Normally 8-9 hours, but I also fluctuate between insomnia and hypersomnia at times. During insomnia phases 4-5 hours. During hypersomnia 10+ hours, plus I'll have at least two uncontrollable naps lasting 45-90 minutes each.

tudiemoore

Currently no daytime sleep but "stretching out for a few minutes" as my grandmother used to say, (about an hour) in the afternoon.

At night--ugh! Never nearly as much as would be healthy. Nothing seems to work and certainly not on a consistent basis. Lucky if it's 5 hours--it's 2:30 AM here and I have waked (waken?) up every hour since "lights out" at 11:30.

This is getting to be typical--not sleepy but go through my usual bedtime routine.
tm

Use to be 4-5 he's a night but since supplementing mag glycinate I am getting 6-8hrs now.

I was napping during the day but haven't been lately

Wishful

Around 10 hrs of sleep, but I may be in bed an hour or two longer. For some reason, I just don't feel like getting up and being active. :(

The nice thing about sleep is that I'm not suffering while unconscious.

ljimbo423

How long/ often do you sleep at night and during the day? How much sleep do you need?
Very interested about your sleep household ;)

I used to sleep 12-14 hours a day and still feel exhausted all day. I have improved a lot and now sleep 8-8.5 hours a night, which is all I need. I very rarely need a nap during the day.

Jim

hamsterman

DAy to day: 9 to 10h where I feel my best. Is not about time for me but that I wake on my own. It can be only 5min more but if somebody wakes me, I have a horrible day.
When I crash I can sleep as long as 16 to 18h. Again is about me waking by myself the trick.

Same for me. I just can't recover from being woken up at the wrong time. When I was pre-ME, it wasn't as important... but now I find its really critical.

I've also found that I can no longer adjust for sleeping-in one day. The days following the sleeping-in day... I always suffer... because I can't adjust. Its like really severe jet-lag.

Wishful

One problem I have is insomnia from sugar, or even from starch around midday. Last night I tested whether carrots (high sugar content) just before going to bed would trigger insomnia. Yup, wide awake at 12:30 AM. I'm out of melatonin, but did have some 5-HTP. I took that sublingual, just in case some would cross the BBB directly. I'm not sure how long I lay awake, but I woke up around 7:30 without interruption, so it seemed to help. I'll have to give up carrots now.

soxfan

7-8 hours always interrupted at least a couple times each night even with pills. Sometimes awake for an hour or more...sometimes right back to sleep. As with many others I have to wake up on my own. If I am woken abruptly I have a terrible day feeling weird and just plain off...

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
I need about 18 hours a day of sleep. I might try to get up and do something but end up passing out unable to function.