• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions Answered by Dr. Naviaux

junkcrap50

The AIDS trial was not low-dose, but I don't know if that was the only issue. Maybe you have a reference on that?
I don't know what doses are usually used for sleeping sickness or cancer treatment in comparison.

Yes, the autism trial was very low-dose, but that doesn't mean it's naturally safe for self-experimentation.

No, I don't have a reference on it. Just thought I remembered reading that, but I could be wrong. And of course, I was not implying it was safe for seld-experimentation.

@melihtas

Any luck getting a compounding pharmacy to produce the raw version? I was able to get some Suramin (Sodium Salt)
from STEMCELL Technologies Inc, I don't have the guts to try it yet, but I also did find a way to get Suramin (Germanin) from a Japanese vendor.

Have you used the suramin yet? I am very keen to do so but it's difficult to figure out how to go about it. I'm unsure as to how I approach issues such as dosage preparing the medicine, administering it etc. Have you looked into how you might organise that?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was able to get some Suramin (Sodium Salt)
from STEMCELL Technologies Inc, I don't have the guts to try it yet, but I also did find a way to get Suramin (Germanin) from a Japanese vendor.
Have you noted that Dr. Ron Davis reported that the sources of Suramin available (other than from Bayer) may be contaminated and that this could have affected the results of some trials?
I don’t have access to the PM feature.
You should have PM available now.

Chris

I don't know if this is the right thread in which to post a thought I had, but here goes. I take Naviaux's warning that if there is a continuing toxicity, treating the CDR may be counterproductive. I have seen no reference in his short lists of possible triggers to the issue of ELF/RF --low frequency and Radio Frequency emissions--but serious scientists like Martin Pall, retired Emeritus at Washington State U, and Paul Heroux at McGill U, have written detailed accounts of just how these energies, even at low power, can and do damage our bodies. There is by now a huge literature on this, including Martin Blank's excellent little book "Overpowered" and Devra Davis' "Disconnect", focused on cell phone damage. My own case of ME started-slowly some four months after moving into a cell phone tower masquerading as a high-rise apartment building. When I began to realize what might be happening, I rented a Stetzer meter and found sky-high readings of high frequency pollution on my power outlets. Then very high readings of RF around the building.
I moved, but am now battling a downstairs neighbour who unknowingly had both Wi-Fi and a DECT phone, both of which were flooding my apt with RF, verified by a professional. I fear that for some of us minimizing our exposure to external toxins may prove very, very difficult. I am currently trying Dichloroacetate, with some very partial success; if I win my war (a very peaceful one, I should state) I hope the improvement will accelerate a bit. I hope. I don;t know whether Naviaux has figured this possibility into his thinking.

Tally

@Chris Dr. Ron Davis has been asked a very similar question to this. If I remember correctly, he doesn't think there is any merit to this, but if it worries you so much he recommended building a Faraday cage and seeing if your symptoms improve in it.

Chris

@Tally--thanks for this reply, but with the utmost respect for Ron Davis, I think he is wrong on this. Martin Blank (recently died, a Columbia prof who has been researching this stuff for 30 years) has a paper on just how this stuff triggers the "stress response" in our cells--seems like another version of the Naviaux "CDR"--may be more limited, but .... Building a Faraday cage is not that simple, and does anyone really want to live in one? There are bed shelters available, but they are expensive and inconvenient. As always I think it is better to go to the source.

Last edited: