• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

head pressure heart palpitation

I would like to say you that practice emotional freedom techniques which is also known as "tapping" sometimes.
I've had success using this technique for dealing with palpitations and my father as well.
It has the ability to get to the core of the problems (stress, emotions, anxiety, etc.) while avoiding costly doctor visits and prescriptions.

RYO

I have similar symptoms. MRI of brain - unremarkable. I wonder if symptoms caused by brainstem inflammation?

raghav

Your intestines are probably very sluggish (Hypomotility). Does the symptoms worsen in the morning while taking breakfast ? Does the palpitation reduce on passing bowel movements ? Anyway consult a Gastroenterologist ? Ask him for a gut propulsid / prokinetic tablet. I too had these symptoms and the gastro solved the issue.

hamsterman

RYO

Any suggestions on getting any relief? I also get sensation of heaviness and it seems harder to open my eyes?

Last edited:

hamsterman

Any suggestions on getting any relief? I also get sensation of heaviness and it seems harder to open my eyes? What did they use in movie, Dallas buyers club for brain fog associated with HIV infection?

The only thing that's helped for me with brain-fog is LDN (low-dose naltrexone). Well, that and trying to manage sleep better.

Wayne

Coffee enemas (CEs) and DMSO work very well for me in reducing head pressure & inflammation. @Brayden, I do tapping while doing my CEs (along with other energy & polarity balancing techniques) and find them to be very helpful as well.​

Coffee enemas (CEs) and DMSO work very well for me in reducing head pressure & inflammation. @Brayden, I do tapping while doing my CEs (along with other energy & polarity balancing techniques) and find them to be very helpful as well.​
Coffee enemas have certain side effects that can bring dangerous results when you take much.
As the caffeine from the coffee directly absorbed and goes directly to the liver, It can cause rectal burns, nausea and many more. so be careful while taking too much.

Wayne

so be careful

Hi Brayden,

Thanks for your concerns and your recommendations of caution. I actually thought about doing CEs for years, with occasional attempts at giving them a try. It felt quite clumsy, and the results were mixed at best. But I finally ran across a book by a woman who described how best to do them, and a more complete rationale for doing them than I had heard previously. It was then that I tried to do more than I had attempted in the past.

I've now gotten to the point of being very comfortable doing regular CEs, though it still took me a while to be able to do them efficiently. Once I did, it quickly became apparent how important they were to my overall health, and especially my day to day functioning.

I think the two major positives from CEs are the raising of glutathione levels to improve detoxification, and the stimulation of the vagus nerve, which restores a great deal of neurological harmoney. An article in the 1922 New England Journal of Medicine reported on CEs being very helpful for depression, which would attest to its harmonizing effect on the nervous system.​

RYO

@Wayne
CEs seem interesting especially in light of the fact that I have often tried to describe the awful poisoned sensation to my wife. I tell her "my brain feels like an unflushed toilet". The pressure is a throbbing at bedtime which makes my upper teeth ache which subsides by morning.

My suspicion is that the autononic nervous system in ME/CFS patients are dysfunctional in a myriad of ways. Not sure about causal relationships but I believe sleep disturbance, gastrointestinal function, and brain fog closely related. Perhaps the vagus nerve is the obvious common thread but perhaps there are yet to be elucidated other mechanisms.

Last edited:

Wayne

Perhaps the vagus nerve is the obvious common thread but perhaps there are yet to be elucidated other mechanisms.

Hi RYO,

I believe my own vagus nerve was seriously impinged from a serious whiplash accident I experienced as a teenager. I believe this accident affected me structurally in some major ways, and set the stage for my increasingly difficult health issues from that point on.

Two "adjustment techniques" helped me considerably with these structural issues: Atlas Profilax, and Nasal Specific. I've posted fairly extensively on this forum about my experiences, so a quick search would come up with some pretty detailed descriptions. THIS THREAD on Atlas Profilax Is probably the most comprehensive.

Here's a link to a 1-minute video briefly describing the Nasal Specific technique, also known as Balloon Sinuplasty:

Balloon Sinuplasty Explanation

Draining the sinuses can sometimes have a profound effect on brain function and/or head pressure, with some literature making references to "rehydrating the brain", and improving various forms of hypopituitarism. Makes me think about the HPA axis and ANS dysfunction many of us deal with, and whether one aspect of it may lie in our sinuses.​

shahida

worse thing is it stops me s leeping even with sleeping pills ,i was thinking of trying nimodipine. to improve blood flow . anyone tried it?

Last edited:

shahida

I have similar symptoms. MRI of brain - unremarkable. I wonder if symptoms caused by brainstem inflammation?
does anyone lnow what the best brain scan is? researchers like dr Byron hyde etc use them but I know some pwme and nothing is found?

RYO

It will be interesting to see what the fMRIs show in NIH Intramural study. I have heard of PET scans conducted by Japanese researchers but no largers PET scan study in US or Europe.

Interestingly, the lead Japanese researcher's last name is Watanabe.

Wayne

CEs seem interesting especially in light of the fact that I have often tried to describe the awful poisoned sensation to my wife. I tell her "my brain feels like an unflushed toilet". The pressure is a throbbing at bedtime which makes my upper teeth ache which subsides by morning.

@rho, I would HIGHLY recommend you check out a thread (link below) over at Health Rising.

High intracranial pressure symptoms anyone?

pattismith

I have undergone lumbar puncture and my opening pressure was normal.

The best way to be sure you don't have intracranial hypertension would be to try Diamox and see what happens...

I have pressure in my head for 10 years or more. I didn't had any help for it, neuro stated It was tension headache but it wasn't. Nothing could improve my condition. Tinnitus came progressively with it.
Then I had Doxycycline treatment and it worsened a lot. This antibiotic is known to generate intracranial hypertension but I was ignorant of that. Then a week ago, I had an enteritis, and I was given some Metronidazole. I wasn't able to take more than one day, my head pressure worsened dramatically and I got something new I never had before: heart beat pulsed tinnitus . It was horrible, and it didn't improve when I stopped taking the drug.
I also have some grey flies flying in my vision for sometimes, but I still didn't have realized I was suffering with intracranial hypertension...
I had the idea of trying Diamox for sometimes, my first goal was to improve my muscle problem......So I was a bit suprised to notice it was improving my head pressure and that my pulsed tinnitus totally and quickly resolved!

Then I did some researches and pulsed tinnitus is a symptom of IH !
One more time, it's a drug side effect that allowed me to identify another peace of my health condition. maybe if I had read this thread better, I would have gain some time !
This to say that if you feel you have head pressure, Diamox is worth a trial!