• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does folate deplete vitamin b12?

Hello , after large doses of zinc for a long time(very stupid) I have developed many problems.
I made another post on ''general treatment''

see link http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-cant-get-my-b12-levels-up-please-help.56337/

But I thought I would make one in
Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation
since it has to do with vitamin b12 deficiency

If you read what I am saying at the above link you will see that I took folate which made my chronic cough come back and make the symptoms of vitamin b12 deficiency worse.I had eliminated the chronic cough with copper earlier this year.

Im completely lost, and I have tried various variations of supplements and vitamins.Only copper seemed to help but other than that nothing.My zinc is extremly low , my manganese and my b12 but I cant get them up.Why would that be?When I first suppmented with vitamin b12 I saw immediate improvement(better skin , feeling of nerves getting activated , a slight appearance of libido) but then it stopped.And when I took a dose of folate it made things even worse.Now b12 does nothing.Also my potassium is low-ish.Could this be the cause why my minerals go up?Please hlp

drob31

Why do you say taking zinc was not a good idea?

I seem to react to it when I take it, but it could just be a coincidence...

BadBadBear

Why do you say taking zinc was not a good idea?

I seem to react to it when I take it, but it could just be a coincidence...

Zinc is almost always contaminated with other heavy metals, Cadmium is the one I remember reading about. Also it can deplete other minerals in the body, ex. copper.

Learner1

Hello , after large doses of zinc for a long time(very stupid) I have developed many problems.
I made another post on ''general treatment''

see link http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-cant-get-my-b12-levels-up-please-help.56337/

But I thought I would make one in
Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation
since it has to do with vitamin b12 deficiency

If you read what I am saying at the above link you will see that I took folate which made my chronic cough come back and make the symptoms of vitamin b12 deficiency worse.I had eliminated the chronic cough with copper earlier this year.

Im completely lost, and I have tried various variations of supplements and vitamins.Only copper seemed to help but other than that nothing.My zinc is extremly low , my manganese and my b12 but I cant get them up.Why would that be?When I first suppmented with vitamin b12 I saw immediate improvement(better skin , feeling of nerves getting activated , a slight appearance of libido) but then it stopped.And when I took a dose of folate it made things even worse.Now b12 does nothing.Also my potassium is low-ish.Could this be the cause why my minerals go up?Please hlp
Finding a good functional medicine doctor (MD, ND, DO, DC, or ARNP) would be prudent this point. And doing some nutrient testing, like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval.

Seems like you've gotten into some trouble making guesses. Having good data to base decision-making, along with some expert advice can get you untangled.

Finding a good functional medicine doctor (MD, ND, DO, DC, or ARNP) would be prudent this point. And doing some nutrient testing, like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval.

Seems like you've gotten into some trouble making guesses. Having good data to base decision-making, along with some expert advice can get you untangled.

Hello , thanks for your advice but there are no doctors like this in my country.When I went to a doctor he told me that this is all in my head.Also at the hospital they thought I was crazy when I told them about the potassium.

Is it possible that I can find a doctor who specifies on these things online?Do you know anyone?Will he be able to help me without seeing me?