• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

question about blood sugar

notmyself

hi, i have a very bad time latelly, it's probably caused by overdoing, or my wisdom tooth extraction..i cannot sleep at all, after 2 hours i wake up with sweats and stuff, i don t feel bad when i wake up ,just wired and awake, imposible to fall back asleep.. i was thinking i wake up because of hypoglycemia, so last night at 1 o clock when i wake up, i check it, it was 97 mg/dl..not very good bit still in normal range i guess..i take a sleeping pill and finally sleep till 11 in the morning..when i check my glucose again..it was 108 m/dl..wich means prediabetes...

Can the bad sleep that i have in the last weeks cause this increase?..i'm also more stressed than usual..or am i develeped diabetes?? i test few months back and they told me i don t have it, fasting glucose was 85, h1abc was 5.1% and the most curios insulin sensititvity was very high..my mornin level of insulin were below the normal range ,2.4 something instead 6-13 if i remember corectly..the doctor say this is a good thing,that i need very little insulin to keep my blood sugar in order..i really don t want to go back to doctors,can i put this increase in blood sugar due to the insomnia that i have latelly ,didin t eat much either..or is somethin that i should investigate further??