• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#TRIPLETUESDAYOMF -TRIPLE YOUR IMPACT FOR A CURE!!!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Because I like to use descriptive language? Thanks for the answer and the clarification anyway - a lot of people on this forum seem to have been under the same impression, that the OMF had their own request rejected.

No worries,

B

Ben H

Unfortunately this won't let me donate via PayPal despite it being offered as an option - just asks me to fill in card details as if I'm using a credit card.

Hi @jstash, that's strange, I was able to donate via paypal using the link (if I click on the paypal button it brings me directly to paypal).

Ah nice - thanks for that, have now managed to donate, just if you try to fill out the form instead then it won't let you select the PayPal option.

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me know. I also had this issue. May I ask was it an iOS device/iphone/imac etc using safari browser?

Thanks,

B

Hajnalka

Hi Ben, I'm using an imac and chrome. Didn't use the OMF donation online form, just clicked on the paypal button and was directed. :)

Ben H

Hi Ben, I'm using an imac and chrome. Didn't use the OMF donation online form, just clicked on the paypal button and was directed. :)

Hey Ben - MacBook using Safari.

Hey @Joh and @jstash,

Thanks for letting me know. We think its an issue with the form itself and not browser now but thanks for the useful information!

And thank you very much for donating!!

B

Ben H

UPDATE:

OMF%20logo%20no%20circle%20highe%20res.jpg

Triple%20Giving%20logo%202017.jpg

Your Donation Supports Research

In the first week of #TripleTuesdayOMF we have raised $130,700 towards our goal of $150,000.

"We are all in this together. I have no doubt that we will figure out what has gone wrong in the bodies of patients with this tragic disease, and find treatments that will work to make it better or someday cure it." Ronald W. Davis, PhD

Did you know that your donation to Triple Giving Tuesday supports open, collaborative and revolutionary research to fast-track effective treatments for ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme and other chronic complex diseases with similar symptoms.
Where does your donation go?

Your donation supports:
During OMF's Triple Giving Tuesday campaign (now until 11/28/17), every donation made any day goes an extra-long way. We invite you to please donate and your gift will have triple the impact!

Once you donate to OMF, please forward this email to your family and friends and ask them to join you by donating to support the global leader in ME/CFS research.

Working together we will triple the chance to end ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases. "My family is your family. Together we raise hope and will win back our loved ones lives," proclaims Chris Quinn and Cosgrove Family Triple Giving Tuesday OMF matching gift donors.

Thank you for taking action today.
With hope for all,
linda%20signature%20001.jpg

Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President
www.omf.ngo

Thanks guys,

B

CFSTheBear

Ben H

Ben H

Hi guys,

Just an update, and just today left to also get a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation matching donation on top!

OMF%20End%20MECFS%20logo%20.jpg

Gates Foundation to Match Giving Tuesday Donations - One Day ONLY November 28th

OMF needs you!

Take action today and help us double our donations on Giving Tuesday.

Thanks to your generous donations we have met and exceeded our goals for Triple Giving Tuesday. To date, we have raised $393,323. But we still have the chance for one more matching gift opportunity!

Today is the international Giving Tuesday. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is offering a match of up to $50,000 for funds raised by non-profits on Giving Tuesday on Facebook.

We need your help to reach this goal by starting a Giving Tuesday Facebook fundraiser for OMF – and Bill & Melinda Gates will match your donation!

Here's how:

1) Create a Facebook fundraiser for OMF
Visit our Facebook page, click "Create Fundraiser" then "Get Started". We recommend setting a goal of at least $1000 (the maximum matching amount allowed per fundraiser for the matchin gift) and setting the end date for November 30th.

This is the link to the current fundraisers on OMF's page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/OpenMedicineFoundation/fundraisers/?ref=page_internal

Give your fundraiser a fun title and description. Rather than the standard title, use something meaningful like "Support OMF and End ME/CFS Project" or "Support OMF's research to help millions around the globe" or "Help ME/CFS Patients Get Back Out" or whatever part of OMF's work most speaks to you and helps explain to friends and family the goals of our cause.

In your description, make sure to include this language:

Donate Tuesday, November 28th and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match donations made to my fundraiser up to $1000!

There's a cap across all of Facebook of $2 million, so make your donations early in the day! Donations can begin at 8:00AM EST. Donations made early on Tuesday have the best chance of being matched. If you miss the window, don't worry – your donations will still help to accelerate this urgent research.

2) Share your Facebook fundraiser far and wide!
Tag friends and family. Share the event with everyone in your Facebook contacts. And email those who might not visit Facebook often and might be willing to support you to help us reach the matching donations on Giving Tuesday!

Our Triple Giving Tuesday campaign will close with this special Giving Tuesday opportunity. Thanks to your support, donations, and outreach efforts, OMF is expanding our research to zero in on the cause and potential treatments for ME/CFS and related chronic, complex diseases. In the coming weeks, we'll be sharing news and updates with you about our expanded research plans.

If you have not yet donated to our Giving Tuesday and would like to contribute directly without getting involved on Facebook, please donate here.

Thank you for being a part of Team OMF, blowing our Triple GivingTuesday goal out of the water, and helping us reach for the sky to support OMF's research. Working together, we will find answers to help millions of patients fully return to their lives.

With hope for all,

linda%20signature%20001.jpg

Linda Tannenbaum
CEO/President

Thanks so much,

B

TreePerson

Hi @Ben H

In my eagerness to get in before the £2 million had gone I managed to get the time wrong :-(

A few days ago there was a post which said that donations could begin at 8 AM EST. I thought that equated to 1 PM GMT. Today’s post from OMF gave the time as 6 AM CST which I think is 2 PM GMT?

Anyway I think my first donation won’t make a dent in Bill Gates is bank balance which is rather a shame. What I’m wondering is would you be able to ask OMF if another time they can make this fool proof for Brits with brain fog by giving the time in GMT as well? I think they probably have a reasonable amount of UK support. :)

Ben H

Hi @Ben H

In my eagerness to get in before the £2 million had gone I managed to get the time wrong :-(

A few days ago there was a post which said that donations could begin at 8 AM EST. I thought that equated to 1 PM GMT. Today’s post from OMF gave the time as 6 AM CST which I think is 2 PM GMT?

Anyway I think my first donation won’t make a dent in Bill Gates is bank balance which is rather a shame. What I’m wondering is would you be able to ask OMF if another time they can make this fool proof for Brits with brain fog by giving the time in GMT as well? I think they probably have a reasonable amount of UK support. :)

Hi @TreePerson

No worries, thank you so much for donating. This is just an extra on top we are trying to target.

I agree it would be useful, the times can get confusing. I am forwarding on your message :)

Thanks so much,

B

Gingergrrl

Today is the international Giving Tuesday. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is offering a match of up to $50,000 for funds raised by non-profits on Giving Tuesday on Facebook.

Ben, Does this mean that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is partnering with OMF now or that any non-profit can sign up for matching funds from the Gates Foundation on this particular day? Thanks and I was just curious.

CFSTheBear

Ben, Does this mean that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is partnering with OMF now or that any non-profit can sign up for matching funds from the Gates Foundation on this particular day? Thanks and I was just curious.

I believe it's the latter - because the offer applies across any charity donations across Facebook.

As far as I'm aware, the triple donation is also still in effect today, which is great. Some friends clubbed together to donate some money for my birthday (which was yesterday), so I think if you take the matching into account we've raised almost $2,000 :D