• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B2 I love you!

renski

are the drops lithium orotate. orotate is best transporter for minerals into cells

i see drops for lithium citrate ... they may absorb from intestine but not well into cells membrane. i don't know how to compare the two

Yep citrate, pure encapsulations have a product. Lithium helps my anxiety so I assume its getting into the cells..

Because things are not complicated enough from this paper it seems that B2 deficiency may be caused by gut disbiosys as B2 is produced by some strains in the colon.
On top of that some pathological bacteria depend on B2 to grow.

Although requirement for riboflavin may be rare among bacteria, it is known to be an essential growth factor for Enterococcus faecalis, Streptococcus pyogenes, Listeria monocytogenes and some lactobacilli

I wonder if the a disbalance of any of those species may lead to B2 deficiency :cautious:

Another interesting observation from the study above, in the context of this thread, is that Bacillus Subtilis is one of the bacteria that synthesize both Riboflavin and Vit K(MK-7)

The latter study suggests that human gut bacteria actively exchange B‐vitamins among each other, which leads to the survival of organisms that do not synthesize any of these essential cofactors. However, all non‐producing organisms from the human gut contained the riboflavin transporter role, indicating their need for the riboflavin‐derived cofactors FMN and FAD.

Last edited:

prioris

one problem i have with general probiotics is that it produces too much i believe serotonin in me so i only dabble with specific strains.

Violeta

I notice when I ingest ice cream, my eyes become more prone to dryness and irritation. any idea as to the specific reason this occurs. Does milk cause depletion of some nutrients from body or what. It has to. Just wondering if someone has researched it and found anything. It's one of the reasons why I minimize dairy. There is the A1 milk protein issue also. I can eat a little cheese now and then. It just has to be depleting something in the body for the eye problems to arise.
For me dairy depletes Vitamin C and silica. I don't know if either of those would cause dry eye, though, which I am prone to, too. It also causes a problem with zinc or copper, I can't figure out which. My lips turn blue, which is a copper issue symptom. The only thing I have seen that might be involved is that it slows down metabolism and I am already a slow metabolizer. I go back and forth using dairy and meat/fish for protein, for some reason this time around using dairy I am not having so many problems. I have added in gluten free oats for all the minerals and vitamins and try to take some acerola cherry powder for vitamin c, maybe that is the reason. Also, I started taking Wobenzym and Garden of Life raw digestive enzymes about 2 weeks ago, my eyes are improving. I used to have to dab peppermint essential oil around the eye area, that would make them water excessively, but that would bring relief. I haven't had to do that for a week or two now.

prioris

For me dairy depletes Vitamin C and silica. I don't know if either of those would cause dry eye, though, which I am prone to, too. It also causes a problem with zinc or copper, I can't figure out which. My lips turn blue, which is a copper issue symptom. The only thing I have seen that might be involved is that it slows down metabolism and I am already a slow metabolizer. I go back and forth using dairy and meat/fish for protein, for some reason this time around using dairy I am not having so many problems. I have added in gluten free oats for all the minerals and vitamins and try to take some acerola cherry powder for vitamin c, maybe that is the reason. Also, I started taking Wobenzym and Garden of Life raw digestive enzymes about 2 weeks ago, my eyes are improving. I used to have to dab peppermint essential oil around the eye area, that would make them water excessively, but that would bring relief. I haven't had to do that for a week or two now.

Interesting perspective.

Regular vitamin C doesn't absorb well nor into cells well - maybe 3% at most plus can be many side effects.

I would use liposomal C because it is far superior. I've tried many different ones. Different kinds will give different instructions on how to take which confused me for a while. It is best to take any liposomal on an empty stomach. Latest one I tried was from Food Science of Vermont and gives 45 grams and low price. I'd buy it again.

Liposomal C have obsoleted other forms of vitamin C.

gettinbetter

I use magnesium as a supplement and I think I am ok with potassium
I just checked my multi ..it has 20 mg of b2 and it does not hype me at all

I think it's either the quality of the b2 or that it's that it's that it's combined with other b vitamins in the multi

I am leaning toward the b2 I am using is not compatible with me
It's Swanson's brand

I think I need to find another source of b2 if I am going to supplement

What do y'all use?

Gondwanaland

B2 is a 5a-reductase inhibitor, vit C is an aromatase inhibitor, so I believe both would raise testosterone and this could cause some side effects.

pamojja

B2 is a 5a-reductase inhibitor, vit C is an aromatase inhibitor, so I believe both would raise testosterone and this could cause some side effects.

That's highly hypothetical. Practically with 23 g/d of ascorbic acid and 100 mg/d of B2 for the last nine years in average my total testosterone has been 390 ng/dl (300-1000 normal range), free testosterone 7.2 pg/ml (8.7-54.7 normal range) and Estradiol 28 pg/ml (12-34 range). Wished it would.

gettinbetter

Methy b12 injections cause a heart pounding for about 24 hrs I have been told that is because of functional b2 deficiency
I don't think I have a b2 deficiency because I drink milk eat liver and have been using nutritional yeast for a long time both also my hair and nails grow rapidly which is facilitated by b2

Are there any other reasons why Methyl b12 and (Methyl folate) injections would cause such a strong reaction ?
Thanks

Also what is the difference btwn a b2 deficiency and a functional b2 deficiency?

Gondwanaland

Also what is the difference btwn a b2 deficiency and a functional b2 deficiency?
I think a functional deficiency is caused by blocked/denaturated enzymes, also by deficiency of co-factors.

But we have observed around here that the most common deficiency causing pounding heart is potassium.

Violeta

Interesting perspective.

Regular vitamin C doesn't absorb well nor into cells well - maybe 3% at most plus can be many side effects.

I would use liposomal C because it is far superior. I've tried many different ones. Different kinds will give different instructions on how to take which confused me for a while. It is best to take any liposomal on an empty stomach. Latest one I tried was from Food Science of Vermont and gives 45 grams and low price. I'd buy it again.

Liposomal C have obsoleted other forms of vitamin C.
I have tried liposomal something and it clogged up my liver. I can't seem to be able to digest it. But yes, I have heard good things about liposomal vitamin c.

I am drinking raw goat milk for the past couple of days and am doing okay with it. I am not taking any vitamin c nor eating anything high in vitamin c, but not having a problem. Usually dairy causes a silica deficiency for me, too, no signs of that yet. I think goat milk might be the way to go, for some reason.

Violeta

I use magnesium as a supplement and I think I am ok with potassium
I just checked my multi ..it has 20 mg of b2 and it does not hype me at all

I think it's either the quality of the b2 or that it's that it's that it's combined with other b vitamins in the multi

I am leaning toward the b2 I am using is not compatible with me
It's Swanson's brand

I think I need to find another source of b2 if I am going to supplement

What do y'all use?
I use NOW brand, it comes in 100mg capsules, so when I am up to it, I break it down into capsules 20mg each. When I'm lazy or too busy I just take the whole thing. When I first started taking b2 it made me very tired. I am so glad I started taking it, one of the best things I ever did.

Violeta

No, I just kept taking it and it no longer seems to cause the sleepiness.

It also caused increased eye itchiness.