• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

eric_gladiator

@Hip
with some of the list and I expected it as antidepressants, 5http, tryptophano but with tramadolo, aspirin, naltrexone .. go that weird that if he knew. I'll have to be careful if one day I take some of that next to the grass. Thank you very much for the info

jason30

Did someone managed taking turmeric succesfully while being sulfur-intolerant? Turmeric helps me a lot with the anxiety, but gives me bad symptoms the first hours after intake because of the sulfur-sensitivity.

I am trying molybdenum since molybdenum supports the sulphur pathway.
Anyone have any (other) tips?

Johnmac

I get strong sulphur thiol reactions when I chelate mercury. For these, chelation guru Dr Andrew Cutler recommends taking glutamine & glycine in a 2:1 ratio, which I find reduces symptoms by about a third. I also go off all thiol-ish foods till symptoms have retreated, such as tumeric.

Moly is also supposed to reduce symptoms, tho it didn't do a lot for me. Vitamin C is also recommended for this.

xrayspex

Did someone managed taking turmeric succesfully while being sulfur-intolerant? Turmeric helps me a lot with the anxiety, but gives me bad symptoms the first hours after intake because of the sulfur-sensitivity.

I am trying molybdenum since molybdenum supports the sulphur pathway.
Anyone have any (other) tips?
I didnt know that about tumeric....no wonder I keep shying away from taking it even tho its recommended as wonder for just about every condition

I have taken molybdenum drops regularly in the past after Rich V told me to but I couldnt really tell much difference

jason30

I get strong sulphur thiol reactions when I chelate mercury. For these, chelation guru Dr Andrew Cutler recommends taking glutamine & glycine in a 2:1 ratio, which I find reduces symptoms by about a third. I also go off all thiol-ish foods till symptoms have retreated, such as tumeric.

Moly is also supposed to reduce symptoms, tho it didn't do a lot for me. Vitamin C is also recommended for this.

Thanks! I do well on glycine, but glutamine gives me symptoms. I guess it's the conversion to glutamate.
I consider doing a thiol free diet as well.

jason30

I didnt know that about tumeric....no wonder I keep shying away from taking it even tho its recommended as wonder for just about every condition

I have taken molybdenum drops regularly in the past after Rich V told me to but I couldnt really tell much difference

Do you know which form of molybdenum it was? Some forms are better absorbed.

xrayspex

I have liquid by nutricology. I will try it again--has been a while but nothing really jumped out at me as different from them,

btw I also do not feel well on glutamine, figured it acted like an excitoxin somehow in the breakdown . will examine idea of glycine.

starlily88

Hip never mind- I went to your 1st page on here, and there is your fantastic list of drugs you tried. I got permission from my State Board to get Medical Marijuana - Going to do vape pen with oil cartridge - but don't want the Setiva. Do you have any experience in what blend or not will manage both my pain and anxiety? I know you are not a dr - but just want an opinion...................Starlily88 Diane

xrayspex

I tried the molybedenum again after being reminded with this thread -the last couple weeks---and things have been going better in some ways---hard to say if related since things wax and wane but I am going to pulse it for awhile

Hip

Hip I’m struggling to find amiloride. All vendors seem to be out of it.

I get my amiloride here from BuyPharma (I buy amiloride with hydrochlorothiazide, as that is cheaper than buying amiloride alone; though note that this lowers blood pressure a bit).

Peyt

I have not tried Cannabis as an anxiety treatment, so unfortunately cannot give any suggestions. The most potent anti-anxiety supplement I found is N-acetyl-glucosamine.
Hi Hip,
As far as benefits of N-Acetyl Glucosamine, when you had anxiety(prior to start of N-Acetyl Glucosamine) did you suffer from fast heart rate(tachycardia) as well? And if yes, has N-Acetyl Glucosamine help that?

Hip

There was no tachycardia in my case. Tachycardia can occur during panic attacks, but that is a different anxiety disorder to GAD.