• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

yawning more then 1000 times a day!!!

iwillwin1day

I have this strange symptom that I think no one have. I yawn continuously with 2 3 minute a break. It starts the moment I wake up till I go to bed. It seems like my brain don't get any oxygen and also I don't feel sleepy. if anybody have any tips on how to cure it. Please reply. Thanks.

char47

You dont take sertraline do you? it made me yawn hundreds of times a day, was horrible.

sorry to having to deal with this hope you find an answer

iwillwin1day

No. I don't take setraline or any other antidepressant. I don't knew what causing it. Being suffering from this strange symptom from past 2 year. Anyways Thanks for Sharing your experience.

eric_gladiator

you sleep well? I had that symptom before I was sick and it was from having a dream of poor quality, I had never paid attention until I fell ill and I felt much more tired thanks also to the bad dream I had. Researching online I found natrol melatonin and since then my dream is much better than many years ago

Seven7

Seven
I don't know if it is CFS thing or a OI thing, But this is very normal when you crash. Lay down flat until you feel breathing normal (if you are not in midodrine) and you will feel better. That is a sign for me that I am overdoing or being vertical for too long.

iwillwin1day

you sleep well? I had that symptom before I was sick and it was from having a dream of poor quality, I had never paid attention until I fell ill and I felt much more tired thanks also to the bad dream I had. Researching online I found natrol melatonin and since then my dream is much better than many years ago
Yes. My sleep is ok. But unrefreshing. Also I don't get any dream. I will try to improve my sleep. Thanks for sharing your experience.

iwillwin1day

I don't know if it is CFS thing or a OI thing, But this is very normal when you crash. Lay down flat until you feel breathing normal (if you are not in midodrine) and you will feel better. That is a sign for me that I am overdoing or being vertical for too long.
Yes. I have OI with cfs. I also do the same as you said, by being horizontal to recover. Also being vertical for long period I cannot handle. I think it's from OI only. I am not on any medicine as I have so many intolerance and allergies. Thank you very much for sharing your experience

iwillwin1day

Does it feel like air hunger or something else..? If you search for 'air hunger' on the forums, you may find something that helps.
It is very worse. I have all types of breathing problem like air hunger, deep breath, sign , yawn, etc etc. All doctor are saying congrats your blood report is so much good and perfect. And I am like feeling hell.

Seven7

Seven
Yes. I have OI with cfs. I also do the same as you said, by being horizontal to recover. Also being vertical for long period I cannot handle. I think it's from OI only. I am not on any medicine as I have so many intolerance and allergies. Thank you very much for sharing your experience
Well this is great news in a way! I think when Poeple get the OI diagnosis is a blessing in disgaised because then you can get treated which will help the Cfs The most in my book.
So you can do POors men tilt table test ( yourself) and have something to bring to your doctor. Also you can play with the natural vassoncotroctors ( like butchers broom) or vassodilators whatever will work for you. and also is a thing doctors will understand ( and you ahve a organic measurement to show line changes in BP and Heart rate).
I am not doctor just my very uneducated opinion.