• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Buying medication online without a credit card

Hi, i've been suffering from cfs like symptoms for years now, after getting prescribed bromazepam a few months ago my symptoms seemed to miraculously get better. the problem is that my doctor won't prescribe em for longer than a few months. i've been looking at online pharmacies, but these websites all require credit card or bank transfer payment. if anyone knows any websites that could be of use to me please send me a pm and you would make my day! specifically i'm looking for a website that accepts paypal.
Without these pills all I can do is sleep and stay inside.

i'm also open to supplement suggestions or exercises or anything that affects the same brain region as these miracle drugs. with that being said i'm sceptical of supplements since i've tried a few and none really seemed to do much.

Hip

@JohnnyThunders, is it specifically bromazepam (which is in the benzodiazepine class of drugs) that your doctor does not want to prescribe long term, or is it benzodiazepines in general that he does not like to prescribe long term?

Because patients on this forum have been given long term prescriptions of benzodiazepines like clonazepam (Klonopin). See here: The Best Drug for ME/CFS? The Other Side of Klonopin: A Patient’s Story and A Survey

But beware that according to a forum survey, 32% of patients had severe side effects when trying to stop this drug, although 36% experienced no negative effects when stopping.

One possible alternative is kava kava, a herb which like benzodiazepines acts on the GABA-A system, but unlike benzodiazepines does not have the problems of tolerance / addiction.

Last edited:

eric_gladiator

@Hip
Besides the kava kava, there are no other alternatives to try? I have already tried several but without a remarkable result compared to the benzo. I would also like to know if the benzos are harmful to the sfc

eric_gladiator

@Hip

I have heard that kava kava is very toxic to the liver, with these others it would pass the same? Are they as effective as benzos? I have only managed to alleviate anxiety with lorazepam but instead I notice that I develop very soon tolerance.
Thanks for your time

eric_gladiator

@Hip
I have to prove it, so I will leave doubts. With reference to benzodiazepines, do you mean that you do not recommend the use of benzodiazepines? Could they be harmful, as can an ad?

Hip

I have to prove it, so I will leave doubts.

I don't follow what you are saying.

With reference to benzodiazepines, do you mean that you do not recommend the use of benzodiazepines?

We are not allowed to make recommendation on this forum (no medical advice rule), only to provide information. There was some research showing those using benzodiazepines have higher rates of dementia, but it's not clear whether benzodiazepines are the cause. Other research says that there are no such risks.

eric_gladiator

@Hip
I am currently taking lormetazepam at night and I do not notice its effect at all. I thought about changing it for lorazepam or bromazepam but the lorazepam in its day gave me some long-term effects that scared me with intense headaches, although at the beginning I was very comfortable with the