• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How I found the underlying cause of my CFS--anti NMDA antibodies

Learner1

I have very high Herpes IGG titers. What could this mean and what should I do about it? Taking longterm antivirals?
Many people will tell you elevated IgG says you've been exposed to it and that its evidence of a past infection.

However, very high IgG levels can indicate s chronic, recurrent infection, rather than an acute infection, which can make you very ill.

Your titers are high but not extremely high, so its hard to tell. You could try an antiviral and see if it helps the viruses.

But you might also see if you have other herpes family infections - cytomegalovirus, Epstein Barr, and HHV6, which may be affecting you. Also, you weren't tested for chlamydia pneumoniae which can be a problem, too. Mycoplasma and chlamydia would require antibiotics to kill.

pattismith

I have very high Herpes IGG titers. What could this mean and what should I do about it? Taking longterm antivirals?
If your problem is Herpes simplex 1, (frequent cold sores), it can be fixed with Lysine. I didn't have any flare since I started this supplement.

SK2018

SK
No and no. I am averse to disturbing the dura membrane while in this situation I have with recurring viruses so I have had no CSF tests. This also makes me cautious wrt rituximab.

Rituximab is well tolerated in the CSF and Brain ,some people have had CSF infusions of 10mg RTX, thus I would not worry about any seeping through the dura.

But surely a CSF test is indicated I mean you got HSV 2 then developed chronic brain issues ,if that's not a good indication I don't know what is

pibee

I'm getting 55g, which is a middling dose around here.

A good chunk of the cost is labor...10 hours of time with the nurse.

ummm best price in EU for 55 g, I've found, is 2450 EUR, without the administration of course. you get it monthly? is the goal dose 2g/kg ? I think I read you did CellTrend and was positive for many?

pibee

@Aubry - from vaglanciclovir study: (since you have low IgG3 subclass, your high titres might mean higher than they look, than in someone with normal/high IgG values)

Furthermore, some patients with reactivated virus may have borderline
hypogammaglobulinemia. In these patients, a low viral
IgG may actually represent a significant relative pro-
portion of total IgG. Conversely, patients with notably
strong immune systems may have more robust serolog-
ical responses.